Steering rack bushings maintenance....

Hard to justify big $$ for tools that are rarely needed. Harbor Freight should be plenty good for 1 or 2 times of lifetime use.

Or.......maybe a 12 inch/31 cm Crescent type wrench. These are very good to make a hex shape into a round shape.

Timmy the Toolman said it needs to be a 42mm, hard to find and none of my combo wrench sets go up that high
the special Toyota tool dealers might have for this inner TR he said is over 300$ :oops:

56$ for this

51wNPp8JABL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Go to a farm store. They will have larger combo wrenches. Farm equipment have larger fasteners.

That is one. There are likely other competitors in the area.

Sometimes, you just gotta go cruise around in different stores.

Ok......allow me to be blunt like a 16 lb sledgehammer.

Get off the internet, Startt the truck, drive to Tractor Supply, go to the tool section. Look for a 42 mm Combination Wrench. Take it home, grind it down until it is thin enough to fit.

Done.

I'm sure a 42 mm Combo Wrench won't be a short stubby wrench.

this 42mm needs to be slim as can be at the end for it to fit this inner tierod jam nut in Timmy's video

Even any automotive parts store carries all sorts of wrench's that you should find something.
the slim ones i am reading is a 'specialty' tool
i looked online at AAP and cannot find a thing that matches up!
maybe O'Reilly but AAP rewards program is better deal imo

No grease. If this guy as able to replace those bushings, anyone can.
maybe, maybe not
depends on the neck angle and use of both limbs hobbled underneath it all not elevated sufficiently for clearance
one looks ezpz other is questionable and that back one is sketchy at best
i have a long breaker but it might be TOO long

fireStone shop looked and said yesterday the rack bushing are looking ok but IDK

Back