Texas Tacoma Owners - Sign In

Alrighty then! Thanks Scott Wyman will do! I have a couple pics here on my phone of it covered in snow from that hard February freeze! I may post one of those pictures and take another one to post with it!

20211202_083157.jpg 20211202_155415.jpg Alrighty I'm gonna take a crack at this, here goes! Lol! Sorry I couldn't get the one of it covered in snow, my phone wouldn't go back that far! The first pic was taken in the parking lot at work. I took the second one to show off the stickers and decals on the back glass and the emblems on the toolbox. Even though this truck is the base model I have made a couple of upgrades! I installed an intermittent wiper switch from a '98 Camry in a wrecking yard, it only took me about 10-15 minutes! I also had a local automotive electronics and accessories shop install a Rostra cruise control kit and a Pioneer stereo with Bluetooth hookup and Alpine door speakers!

20210218_095148.jpg Oh here's the one with it covered in snow! Sorry I didn't get the full truck in the picture though, I was mainly taking a picture of the snow! I would also like to add to my previous post that I have a fog light kit for it but haven't installed it yet. I installed a light switch that I purchased from Rock Auto with the headlights and fog lights on one switch, it's for a '99 4runner! It only took me about 10-15 minutes as well! I hope to wire the fog light kit into that switch!

That's a fine looking truck ya got there. Glad you were able to share with us.
Thanks Scott! My dad bought it brand new in 2002, he can't drive anymore because of his Parkinsons I was in dire need of a vehicle so he gave it to me! He told me if he had known it would be that easy to upgrade to intermittent wipers he'd have done it himself a long time ago! Lol! I've always been a Ford fan however this little Tacoma has sure grown on me! You can't kill these trucks, they're very reliable!

That's a fine looking truck ya got there. Glad you were able to share with us.
You know something else the front bumper has gotten some surface rust in places, could definitely use some painting. I started thinking the other day about painting both it and the rear bumper along with the grille the same color as the truck.I would definitely appreciate your's or anybody else's thoughts on how that would look? I have an idea in my head how it would look. What do y'all think? I have a 30 gallon upright Husky air compressor and a paint gun.
I'm also thinking about spraying Raptor tintable bed liner in the bed of it. I think if I do that I'll go ahead and get enough paint to bed line the bed with and also paint both bumpers and grille. I think this would make a great Spring or Summer project when we'll have a lot more daylight so I can work on it a couple hours each day when I get home from work. I'll probably buy new bumpers and grille and paint them so I won't have to drive it without the bumpers and license plates etc. Any thoughts?

I like the idea of spraying the bumpers with color matched Husky. Personally I wouldn't color match the grill or bed. Id spray them black.

You know something else the front bumper has gotten some surface rust in places, could definitely use some painting. I started thinking the other day about painting both it and the rear bumper along with the grille the same color as the truck.I would definitely appreciate your's or anybody else's thoughts on how that would look? I have an idea in my head how it would look. What do y'all think? I have a 30 gallon upright Husky air compressor and a paint gun.
I'm also thinking about spraying Raptor tintable bed liner in the bed of it. I think if I do that I'll go ahead and get enough paint to bed line the bed with and also paint both bumpers and grille. I think this would make a great Spring or Summer project when we'll have a lot more daylight so I can work on it a couple hours each day when I get home from work. I'll probably buy new bumpers and grille and paint them so I won't have to drive it without the bumpers and license plates etc. Any thoughts?
Okay thanks will take that into consideration.
I personally don't like painting bumpers black, I like them either chrome or color matched. I don't mind black bedliners, I've had them in a couple other trucks I've owned. The grille is faded somewhat. I like the more classic look. To me a black car or truck looks good with chrome rims, bumpers and grille. Not too much on black rims, bumpers or grille.
I've also seen some trucks and cars with bedliner all over the whole body, which doesn't look good to me either. But that's just me. I see a Chevy S10 that's roughly the same year as my '02 Taco give or take a couple years or so in the parking lot at work all the time with black bedliner all over it. It looks like crap IMHO. I think color matched bedliner on the rocker panels would be good for people who live in rural areas where they drive down dirt or gravel roads all the time to keep rocks etc from flying up and chipping the paint IMO. Again that's just me.

View attachment 32977 View attachment 32978 Alrighty I'm gonna take a crack at this, here goes! Lol! Sorry I couldn't get the one of it covered in snow, my phone wouldn't go back that far! The first pic was taken in the parking lot at work. I took the second one to show off the stickers and decals on the back glass and the emblems on the toolbox. Even though this truck is the base model I have made a couple of upgrades! I installed an intermittent wiper switch from a '98 Camry in a wrecking yard, it only took me about 10-15 minutes! I also had a local automotive electronics and accessories shop install a Rostra cruise control kit and a Pioneer stereo with Bluetooth hookup and Alpine door speakers!
Holy shi* . What a well-kept beautiful Tacoma. Double Like Taco Man !

Back