What do you use your Tacoma for?

Big Bro had a '67.......SS with 396.......that thing would haul some ass......those are worth alot of money now for sure!
Yeah my friend's dad's was an SS I believe! He said he had a '67 Camaro before that ('67 was the first year for the Camaro). Unfortunately he wrecked it while racing it! He said he was gonna buy another Camaro until he found out they were a unibody and he didn't want another one after that so he bought the Chevelle Malibu SS instead!

Back in 71 i had a 66 gto with a transplanted nascar 421 dual quad super duty engine in it i did. Had to replace the rear differential with a 12 bolt 396 chevy one to handle the extra power after totally blowing up the 10 bolt. Really don't miss the car as it got me in so much trouble with the guys in blue.

Back in 71 i had a 66 gto with a transplanted nascar 421 dual quad super duty engine in it i did. Had to replace the rear differential with a 12 bolt 396 chevy one to handle the extra power after totally blowing up the 10 bolt. Really don't miss the car as it got me in so much trouble with the guys in blue.
I remember my dad telling me the old joke from back in his day about the Pontiac GTO, it stands for "Gas, Tires, and Oil"! Lol! I've heard that same joke from several other people since then!

I remember my dad telling me the old joke from back in his day about the Pontiac GTO, it stands for "Gas, Tires, and Oil"! Lol! I've heard that same joke from several other people since then!
If a nice day i use to load a set of slicks in the trunk, and drive my gto to lebanon valley speedway in ny on a sunday, and run it at their 1/4 mile. It was a pretty good street car back in 71 turning low 12 sec. times...still if was more fun terrorizing the local streets in town with that car.

If a nice day i use to load a set of slicks in the trunk, and drive my gto to lebanon valley speedway in ny on a sunday, and run it at their 1/4 mile. It was a pretty good street car back in 71 turning low 12 sec. times...still if was more fun terrorizing the local streets in town with that car.
Yeah it's more fun terrorizing local streets alright! However it's also more dangerous! I can tell you stories of people in my area getting seriously injured or killed by street racers! Especially when the retards race on the main drag through town!

Yeah it's more fun terrorizing local streets alright! However it's also more dangerous! I can tell you stories of people in my area getting seriously injured or killed by street racers! Especially when the retards race on the main drag through town!
We had a well know 1/4 strip 5 miles outside of town that was in a desolate area. We did a lot drag runs who'd have the fastest street car at the time. All came to an end a few years later when one of the guys lost his life when he rolled his hemi roadrunner, and crashed. Cops really lowered the boom on illegal racing on public roads after looking the other way much of the time. Those were the days when streets, and roads weren't congested like today.

We had a well know 1/4 strip 5 miles outside of town that was in a desolate area. We did a lot drag runs who'd have the fastest street car at the time. All came to an end a few years later when one of the guys lost his life when he rolled his hemi roadrunner, and crashed. Cops really lowered the boom on illegal racing on public roads after looking the other way much of the time. Those were the days when streets, and roads weren't congested like today.
We had an incident here in my area back in the mid '90s where a couple guys were street racing on a main thoroughfare, one of them was in his late 20s the other one was about 40, so they were both old enough to know better! Anyway one of them wrecked and killed a couple people and critically injured some others! It happened during the middle of the day on a Saturday! I know there was a woman out jogging that was hit and I think she was killed but can't remember for sure, also there was an elderly couple in a car that was going to lunch that was hit and I believe they were both killed! They created a lot of death, destruction, and injuries!

We had an incident here in my area back in the mid '90s where a couple guys were street racing on a main thoroughfare, one of them was in his late 20s the other one was about 40, so they were both old enough to know better! Anyway one of them wrecked and killed a couple people and critically injured some others! It happened during the middle of the day on a Saturday! I know there was a woman out jogging that was hit and I think she was killed but can't remember for sure, also there was an elderly couple in a car that was going to lunch that was hit and I believe they were both killed! They created a lot of death, destruction, and injuries!
Doing that kind of stuff during the middle of day is just an accident waiting to happen. We've had similar stuff recently happen in the afternoon hours where a couple guys were road racing each other on busy highways when one of them was trying to pass the other ended up hitting another driver head on in the opposite lane, both were killed. I think law suits are still flying with one of the victims family.

Doing that kind of stuff during the middle of day is just an accident waiting to happen. We've had similar stuff recently happen in the afternoon hours where a couple guys were road racing each other on busy highways when one of them was trying to pass the other ended up hitting another driver head on in the opposite lane, both were killed. I think law suits are still flying with one of the victims family.
Yeah I've heard of it happening on busy freeways too! Unfortunately you just can't fix stupid!

Yeah my friend's dad's was an SS I believe! He said he had a '67 Camaro before that ('67 was the first year for the Camaro). Unfortunately he wrecked it while racing it! He said he was gonna buy another Camaro until he found out they were a unibody and he didn't want another one after that so he bought the Chevelle Malibu SS instead!
Backbwhen I was a Chevy kind of guy I traded my 79 SS ElCaminonin on a 93 Chevy Cheyenne. First brand new vehicle I ever owned. Matter of fact, all my vehicles since then have been used. 20171007_085049.jpg Screenshot_20220402-191603_Photos.jpg

The Cheyenne was a great little truck. Don't have it anymore, but I kept the pretty little thing standing in front of it. That photo was taken 29 years ago!

Backbwhen I was a Chevy kind of guy I traded my 79 SS ElCaminonin on a 93 Chevy Cheyenne. First brand new vehicle I ever owned. Matter of fact, all my vehicles since then have been used. View attachment 33346 View attachment 33347

The Cheyenne was a great little truck. Don't have it anymore, but I kept the pretty little thing standing in front of it. That photo was taken 29 years ago!
My dad's never been particularly partial to any make! When I was a little kid he had a '68 Chevy CST LWB with an automatic trans, power steering, power brakes and factory air! Also had the fold down center console! Originally it had a 327 but it started leaking on the rear main, my dad's friend (who was a mechanic) told him that was a common problem with the 327 so he had him swap in a 4 bolt main 350 short block and used the intake, carb., and exhaust manifolds off the 327! It was pretty good truck all in all, I do remember the the a/c didn't work nor did the factory tachometer!

Hey Scott Wyman hope everything is good down your way, I heard there was a couple tornadoes just south of Waco with those storms yesterday (Tuesday) one of which was an EF3! I didn't have anything really severe here just a lot of rain! They say we've had a really strong cap in place over the DFW metroplex area that's really kept the tornado threat level down! Yesterday they said the cap had weakened quite a bit from the day before but it was holding on really well! There was mainly some small hail and 60-70 mph winds, although I didn't see any of it in my area! In Ennis which is south of here part of the roof was blown off a Dairy Queen by 120 mph straight line winds! They said on the news that's roughly the same as a low end tornado!

After all that blew through here I was thinking to myself yeah all those storms are really going to reek havoc on the states east of here, especially Mississippi, Alabama and Georgia because the sun will be out and really heating up the atmosphere! We all know that's the last thing those folks need! Again!!!

Anyway hope everything is good in your neck of the woods Scott Wyman!

Last edited:
The vehicle I learned to drive on was my dad's '84 Ford F150 short bed with the 300 ci. 6 cyl. and C5 tranny. Then I got my grandpa's old '66 Ford F100 that I mentioned before with the 3-speed manual transmission, then my dad started teaching me how to drive it! I was only about 13 or 14 at the time, wasn't even old enough to get my license yet and I already had a truck!
Like Alan Jackson says When Daddy Let me Drive !

The vehicle I learned to drive on was my dad's '84 Ford F150 short bed with the 300 ci. 6 cyl. and C5 tranny. Then I got my grandpa's old '66 Ford F100 that I mentioned before with the 3-speed manual transmission, then my dad started teaching me how to drive it! I was only about 13 or 14 at the time, wasn't even old enough to get my license yet and I already had a truck!
Like Alan Jackson says When Daddy Let me Drive !

Back