What have you done to your Tacoma today?

The oem shocks were shlt from Mexico. I could compress them with one hand.
Yeah. I just changed out my stock Bilstein shocks to new Bilstein and WOW!! I can’t believe how the ride improved when I thought it was good before. The shocks that I just put on I swore they were for a giant Dually or something but they fit right on. Very good product

Looks good. What state are you in? 99 degrees? I’m in Las Vegas and 99 this time of year you need a jacket!! Lol
On the NE/IA Missouri river border
It's not the heat here that's bad, its the nasty humidity at times!
But in a few months it could be zero degrees out

IMG_20220902_133441_124.jpg3yrs ago I thought that a good blasting and powder coating of the lower fuel tank shield was the way to go
Well that did not last long at all!
I noticed the peeling coat with rust under spreading fast...could be from road gravel chips
So I spread some EW converter on the roasty spots then a good coating over the spots with some extreme chassis gloss black paint
...Will see how that holds up over the coming winter

Last edited:
Added a Teton Workshop shift handle in red. This thing is badass...high quality, heavy duty, looks sick!
https://tetonworkshop.com/collectio...gen-automatic-design-3?variant=39983230582858
full

Attachments

• 4727208F-023F-4403-99EB-5A7FC9F0B389.jpeg
    4727208F-023F-4403-99EB-5A7FC9F0B389.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Trying some new Monroe quickstruts at 267k
Took strong nephew and I nearly 9 hours to do both sides plus some new moog stabilizer links
Ran into big issues on driver side that would not fit in kosher !!!
Refered to FSM on the coils disassembly/reassembly instructions and found the monroe factory installed top rubber insulator mount part was on improperly assembled :eek:had to get a rental coil compressor to turn the mount bushing to the proper orientation which took extra hours in all that mess... Not a happy tacoman :mad:IMG_20220903_185602_288.jpg
New moog stabilizer links with all the red tacky grease that fits IMG_20220903_190544_733.jpg
Wheels finally back on ground after a longish spell and all torqued up ready to test drive down them broken roads

View attachment 34024

Last edited:
:eek:
Nice to actually see someone that uses turn signals!! Lol. Lol.
Lately I have been getting into the fine art of using hand signals out the window whenever I can do so safely
LOL..It feels different to reach out and point to that lane I wish to merge over into
It is also beneficial for reducing wear on light bulbs and blinker fluid
Certainly it's much easier to do this with an auto than a manual T, which is my only complaint
I thought I might give it a try when one day a herd of bikers passed me by and only used hand signals

Lately I have been getting into the fine art of using hand signals out the window whenever I can do so safely
LOL..It feels different to reach out and point to that lane I wish to merge over into
It is also beneficial for reducing wear on light bulbs and blinker fluid
Certainly it's much easier to do this with an auto than a manual T, which is my only complaint
I thought I might give it a try when one day a herd of bikers passed me by and only used hand signals
I fill my blinker fluid reservoir every time I inspect my muffler bearings which is once a month so this usually works out well in my opinion

Well the level is on/in the truck tires on the way I’m going with a 5th wheel /tire set up. My spare will be used just like the rest of the tires.

Attempting to deweather this area on rear axle
Using eastWood converter primer after removing a fair amount of dirt sand grease wax and some remaining loose coating
It's supposed to turn dark black when conversion done
Then maybe cosmoline it IDK
View attachment 33924
4wks later to finally deweather the other side
Where has the time gone...

IMG_20220909_170251_770.jpg

IMG_20220909_170806_893.jpg

I rotated my tires last night. May change oil this afternoon if weather allows.
Funny!! I just rotated my tires a few weeks ago and I’m planning on doing my oil change this morning once the sun comes up. I just switched to Valvoline full synthetic from what I’ve always used which was Castrol edge full synthetic because they changed something in their formula and now Castrol full synthetic is called “Carbon Neutral” so since I dint know what that is I stopped using them… also I use factory OR WIX oil filters as WIX in my opinion is the best. What do you use??

I can't say how long this paint will last
There are still remnants of yellow paint on some various bolts of when it was new
IMG_20220912_101818_161.jpg

IMG_20220912_101910_734.jpg

Back