What have you done to your Tacoma today?

So far.....we have 'bout 1.5" of wet heavy stuff. Turns to slimy slush on the roads. Sticks to everything, even vertical surfaces.

Prolly start breaking branches and snapping power lines before this is over.

Is it ever too cold to snow?
Significant measurable plowable snow
I had always thought so until February 2021
A sight before my eyes was had

Have any of you warm weather taco heads ever seen several inches of snow fall at near zero degrees fahrenheit

Is it ever too cold to snow?
Significant measurable plowable snow
I had always thought so until February 2021
A sight before my eyes was had
No disagreement there.

I've seen snow coupled with high winds at -10F and colder.

Weirdest weather I've witnessed is ice fog in the single temperatures.

Today, Nov 16, looks like I'll be scrapping the 3" of snow off the truck and driveway. Hopefully, before it turns to ice. Typical early winter snow. First, we get warm, wet, heavy, slushy snow. When the snow quits, the temperature will drop. So, everything turns to sheet ice, mini ice bergs in the street.......and winter begins to spread joy.

Last edited:
No disagreement there.

I've seen snow coupled with high winds at -10F and colder.

Weirdest weather I've witnessed is ice fog in the single temperatures.

Today, Nov 16, looks like I'll be scrapping the 3" of snow off the truck and driveway. Hopefully, before it turns to ice. Typical early winter snow. First, we get warm, wet, heavy, slushy snow. When the snow quits, the temperature will drop. So, everything turns to sheet ice, mini ice bergs in the street.......and winter begins to spread joy.
There was no snow back in TacomaHA my sister said
Missed again!

Not surprised. I'm in the center of the state. We got about 3". There was a band through the center of the state with 2-4" snow fall. Other bands were less.

Went to the local plumbing store to pick up a new rubber gasket for my toilet's leaking water tank. Just another crappy job well done.

Made it safely across the Mississippi into Iowa
300 miles 2go
Ran into Sketchy blowing snow drizzle mix in the land of Lincoln

I know the bridges are in pretty rough shape. Did you swim across the Might Miss? On the other hand, the Mighty Miss is so low you could probably wade across only getting your ankles wet.

I know the bridges are in pretty rough shape. Did you swim across the Might Miss? On the other hand, the Mighty Miss is so low you could probably wade across only getting your ankles wet.
the 80 bridge there is not too bad of shape, i've wheeled over worse LOL
but its only a puny narrow 2 lanes!
at the other end of 80 over the Missouri river there are 5 or 6 wide open lanes

The bridge over the Missouri is a "newer" bridge.

If you want a bit of pucker factor.....cross the Mississippi at Hannibal, MO.

The bridge over the Missouri is a "newer" bridge.

If you want a bit of pucker factor.....cross the Mississippi at Hannibal, MO.
lol I have crossed that bridge a few times, i don't recall it being all that bad??
the best is that one-way-toll bridge operated by the railroad at Fort Madison

Back