What have you done to your Tacoma today?

I had the BFG A/T. Didn't like them. Put about 32k before I got the grabbers. And paid half of what I would have paid for new BFG's. The grabbers are quieter to. The wife said I could get the other ones. But I knew if I did she was looking to buy something. She has this you spend x amount on your truck so I get to spend the same on what I want. Weird. Happy wife= happy life. So they say anyways.

Sent from my iPhone using Taco Forum mobile app
Yeah so far I like them better than the BFG. And I wish my wife cared about trucks lol if that was the case for me I would have a lot more stuff done to mine. Unfortunately she could care less haha she hates when I spend money on the tacoma

My cousin and I did a little bit of Christmas trail riding. This trail, however, was meant for walking. Things got a little tight and got hung up on a tree....I'm crying on the inside ImageUploadedByTaco Forum1419693712.387055.jpg

Yes that's my dilemma.i gotta get creative lol.ill post whatever I come up with lol

The best option would be a Wilson magnetic base on the roof. Make sure you have 18' of coax. Not sure what kind of radio your running. But if you don't know your radio is only as good as your antenna and your antenna is only as good as your radio.

The best option would be a Wilson magnetic base on the roof. Make sure you have 18' of coax. Not sure what kind of radio your running. But if you don't know your radio is only as good as your antenna and your antenna is only as good as your radio.

Good advice on the Wilson. Although coax length makes no difference. Just long enough to get the job done is all you need. The Wilson's already come pre assembled with coax installed. Just plop it on the roof, check SWR and you're good to go.

Good advice on the Wilson. Although coax length makes no difference. Just long enough to get the job done is all you need. The Wilson's already come pre assembled with coax installed. Just plop it on the roof, check SWR and you're good to go.

Got me on that one. Wasn't thinking and forgot that it comes with the coax already since it is magnetic. Length does matter. Type of coax matters. We could get into a nice long discussion over this BUT in the end of the user is happy with his results then that's all that matters. I drive for a living so I make sure my radio is working and if I need to walk all over someone I'm able to.

Got me on that one. Wasn't thinking and forgot that it comes with the coax already since it is magnetic. Length does matter. Type of coax matters. We could get into a nice long discussion over this BUT in the end of the user is happy with his results then that's all that matters. I drive for a living so I make sure my radio is working and if I need to walk all over someone I'm able to.

Yes, we could go on and on about it. Two schools of thought on that subject. I'm in the length of coax doesn't matter camp. Had many setups that the coax was cut to length in both mobile and base station configurations. And the debate still rages on! :)

Yes, we could go on and on about it. Two schools of thought on that subject. I'm in the length of coax doesn't matter camp. Had many setups that the coax was cut to length in both mobile and base station configurations. And the debate still rages on! :)

Lol. Very true. I'm not an expert by any means. I'm just going off what I've leaned throughout the years. Had many different setups as well. I took what my local CB shop guy told me the first time I pulled into the parking lot to heart years ago. But at the same time a lot of drivers don't run radio anymore or don't turn them on until we hit traffic due to they talk on their cell phone most off the time.

Back