2017 Toyota Tacoma transmission. Come on Toyota!!

There you have it TDTHR3E. They ALL suck. Buy at your own risk. Might want to wait a few years so toyota can fix all of the problems. Im 18 months into my truck and every month or two another recall comes. Im personally done with toyota. Will be buying something else soon.

Any real problems though? I'd stick with it if not.

I have several, but the only 1 that matters is a 6spd auto that cant decide which gear it likes. After 18 months, 2 ecu updates and 3 utterly annoying road trips doing 75mph in 4th gear because the transmission likes that gear, im done with it. For me, the drivetrain is the most important function of any vehicle... i think thats real enough. ;-)

Ok guys I hear all the frustration. I have a 16 TRD OR. Got the latest tsb. I was experimenting If your truck is equipped with ECT button use it. It makes the trans shift points delay so hold RPM and gears longer. I love it now. Before I leave o the am. I switch it. Feels like a different trans the V6 comes to life.
Going up hills feels nice. Punching it on the FWY feels smooth. Try it got nothing to loose. It's for towing for more of assistance but what a difference.
This is exactly what my dealer told me to do. I still have problems in this mode and my fuel mileage went out the window.

Ect button doesnt change anything when at hwy speeds with cruise on. Good for towing and entering highway on ramps tho. Truck should cruise at 75mph in 6th (flat road). Mine doesnt. Around town is fine.... but on hwy, its not happy. Its life. Sometimes you buy faulty products. This just happens to be a 40k faulty product

I'd just pop it into S and choose 5th for slight hill areas. The 2nd gen tranny would downshift 2 gears while using cruise in hilly areas.

ECU: Here comes a small hill so I need 5000 rpm.

The blower almost eliminated the need for a downshift on most hills.

Have you guys seen the DZ custom shiftsense pro? Sorry I can't post links yet until day 3.

Saw it on tacomaworld forums. Supposed to fix all shifting issues.

I'd just pop it into S and choose 5th for slight hill areas. The 2nd gen tranny would downshift 2 gears while using cruise in hilly areas.

ECU: Here comes a small hill so I need 5000 rpm.

The blower almost eliminated the need for a downshift on most hills.
Problem with putting it into 5th in S mode it will still down shift on a hill and send you into high revs. It won't go above 5th if you have it in 5th but it will still down shift when it wants to.

No, I wanted to wait and see how others reviewed it. I also didn't like how it was mounted in the video and wanted to see how others mounted it.
Have you tried it?

No, I wanted to wait and see how others reviewed it. I also didn't like how it was mounted in the video and wanted to see how others mounted it.
Have you tried it?
Just bought my 2017 Tuesday. I was the one worried about you guys talking about the transmission issues. Thinking of this thing being my first mod. Everyone on tacoworld says it's A++.

Problem with putting it into 5th in S mode it will still down shift on a hill and send you into high revs. It won't go above 5th if you have it in 5th but it will still down shift when it wants to.

Be easy on the throttle when the hill comes up to avoid shifting. 4th gear revs too high?

Technically cruise control is not meant for hills.

Let me be more clear. Im on a flat highway. Cruise set at 75mph. Transmission flipping from 5th to 6th, back to 5th, etc. On the first small incline it downshifts to 4th gear. Then? Sticks right there in 4th and never shifts again if cruise isnt cancelled manually. 4th gear at 75mph is 4600rpms. So yea, its loud and definitely not working as it should. I have video of it but im cursing so bad in the vid i wont post it. My dealer saw it, but just has no idea what to do. Ive had both tranny tsbs done. No change. I can drive without using cruise control but it then is shift happy and shifts 4,5,6,5,6,4,5,4,5,6,5,6,5,6..... and on and on. Never stays in any 1 gear more than 3 seconds... kansas is flat. No hills. Life is short. Will sell/trade when im not so upside down. Eta 1 yr.

Just bought my 2017 Tuesday. I was the one worried about you guys talking about the transmission issues. Thinking of this thing being my first mod. Everyone on tacoworld says it's A++.
Congratulations.
If you've only had it for two days I'd just drive it and see. You might not have any issues with it. I love my truck. We've been through some things. I feel like in any relationship working through the tough times and not giving up on eachother makes the love so much deeper.
Post some pictures... not on this thread but one for that sort of thing :)

IDK what to say then. When I come across excessive shifting, which is less often due to the blower, I knock it down a gear and ride the revs.

Back