2017 Toyota Tacoma transmission. Come on Toyota!!

I asked about the bump after stopping. He had a name for it I can't remember what he called it. They know and are well aware of it. He said the bump after stopping was the drive line angle when the transmission is shifting down it will do that after stopping. Also normal.
If it's the drive line angle why only does the bump when it's warming up?

I haven’t had any of these issues with my 2017 TRD sport 4x2

Prior to lift and 33” tires I got 20-22 mpg easily. 25 mpg at one point. Now I get 17-18 mpg with 285/75/16 tires and lift.

Transmission has been fine. I’m curious if the 4x4s have most of the problems as compared to 4x2s

I haven’t had any of these issues with my 2017 TRD sport 4x2

Prior to lift and 33” tires I got 20-22 mpg easily. 25 mpg at one point. Now I get 17-18 mpg with 285/75/16 tires and lift.

Transmission has been fine. I’m curious if the 4x4s have most of the problems as compared to 4x2s
There’s lots of 4x4’s that don’t

Last edited:
My 16 has 21k on it and it shifts fine no issues and when I'm by myself I drive it in s mode and today got like 21 .0at 40-4t mph . can't hate that .. Mostly in 5th gear 20180424_172122_Film1.jpg

My ECU seems to be learning that I pretty much like to have my foot in it the whole time at around 11,000 miles. We’re getting along pretty well. Never had any shifting issues with my manny tho,... [emoji854]

Ive owned those cars too i did notice when the ect mode it does not shift to 5 or 6th

Last edited:
Cool ! My wife drives it all the time she said if she didn't buy an x3 bummer she would consider a short bed to put groceries and 2 shrubs in ! Lmfao she kills me!
:cool:

Toyota released a new TSB for the transmission. TSB 0062-18 helps with shifting points and surging issues. Hopefully this helps people who’ve been having these issues. Seems like it’s for people who have had issues at higher elevations. Climbing hills and mountains.

Back