2018 Tacoma safety sensor =No lift??

I was going to go with a 2017 initially, but they made me a good deal on an 18. And the dealer specifically told me I could lift it up to 3 inches. Went back the other day to see what lift they put on and they dropped the bomb on me. Not a happy camper...

They have a TRD Pro in the ‘18, so lift, at least to 3”, is not an issue. Toyota does not want the liability, that is a joke, 2017s and below don’t have that crap. This is like my Traction Control delete. Someone here will come up with a fix or turn it off. Took a while but I got a TC delete done, and it only took half of y’all, a bit of testing and an epiphany from the Toyota gods to figure it out...lol

Why would you want traction control taken off? I’m new to all of this. ‍♀️

Well...Let me esplain...I drift...a lot. I am an old off road racer, class 10 and stadium cars, and I love to drift. The bloody traction control comes back on over 30 mph and tries to straighten the truck out, which is very dangerous (yes, the crew here already clowned me about drifting being dangerous). So, I don’t want it. It’s fine day to day driving. So after months of hacks and ideas and all kinds of other crap, I finally got it disabled and I love my 13 as much as my 05 again. But...when I flip the switch my dash is a Christmas tree...the price to play I guess.

Well...Let me esplain...I drift...a lot. I am an old off road racer, class 10 and stadium cars, and I love to drift. The bloody traction control comes back on over 30 mph and tries to straighten the truck out, which is very dangerous (yes, the crew here already clowned me about drifting being dangerous). So, I don’t want it. It’s fine day to day driving. So after months of hacks and ideas and all kinds of other crap, I finally got it disabled and I love my 13 as much as my 05 again. But...when I flip the switch my dash is a Christmas tree...the price to play I guess.
I want to see the Christmas tree.

Drifting in a Taco. That’s a new one for me.

It’s rear wheel drive and if it’s got more power or on loose roads ie dirt, gravel drifting wouldn’t be to difficult.

No doubt. Believe me, I’ve done it more times over the years than I can count (some intentional, some not). I just never thought I’d see someone mod a Tacoma to drift.

No doubt. Believe me, I’ve done it more times over the years than I can count (some intentional, some not). I just never thought I’d see someone mod a Tacoma to drift.
You’re trying to wear your OEM rubber faster so you can get some new shoes o_O

You’re trying to wear your OEM rubber faster so you can get some new shoes o_O

Actually I did turn the traction control off yesterday just to see how far I could burn the tires. I got about 15 feet. Nothing with the TC engaged. It’s a little over effective sometimes. Lol

Actually I did turn the traction control off yesterday just to see how far I could burn the tires. I got about 15 feet. Nothing with the TC engaged. It’s a little over effective sometimes. Lol
Oh look honey the tires are almost bald and winter is coming. These tires sure didn’t last very long. Black Friday sales are coming soon I’ll get some that will be safe and last longer.

Oh look honey the tires are almost bald and winter is coming. These tires sure didn’t last very long. Black Friday sales are coming soon I’ll get some that will be safe and last longer.

You’re onto my plan![emoji51]

You’re onto my plan![emoji51]
You can get a lift and bigger tires.
Sweetie I feel like the truck would be safer if it was a little higher, better visibility so you can see the road better and with it lifted we can put bigger tires which have better traction for safety. Also Rock sliders will make it easer to get into since it’s lifted.

Sweetie I feel like the truck would be safer if it was a little higher, better visibility so you can see the road better and with it lifted we can put bigger tires which have better traction for safety. Also Rock sliders will make it easer to get into since it’s lifted.

Haha. I’ve debated it but I’m not sure about a lift. Rock sliders would definitely be a nice implement though.

I’ll let you do the talking when I want a new mod. Lol

Haha. I’ve debated it but I’m not sure about a lift. Rock sliders would definitely be a nice implement though.
You could do 1.75- 2” and put 265/70/17 on it. It will look good and not hit the mpg to bad.

Back