2018 Tacoma safety sensor =No lift??

I’ll let you do the talking when I want a new mod. Lol
You’ve got to do it over time. Keep making little hints. Like when you see one that has a little lift say oh doesn’t that Tacoma look good like that. Since it’s a long bed you can say doesn’t the taco look a little short and long. Then a few weeks later. I think the taco would look good with a couple inches of lift. And when your behind a full size truck say it would be nice if we where a little higher so we could see the road better. Pretty soon she will say maybe we should lift the truck some. Since it’s her idea you say yeah maybe. I’ll look into it.

I may look into it in the future. A 2” lift does make them look awful good.
Yeah I might do a 2” king set up and go down to 275/70/16 when these tires wear out and I don’t want my spacers any more. If I wanted 14 mpg I would have kept my Tundra.

You’ve got to do it over time. Keep making little hints. Like when you see one that has a little lift say oh doesn’t that Tacoma look good like that. Since it’s a long bed you can say doesn’t the taco look a little short and long. Then a few weeks later. I think the taco would look good with a couple inches of lift. And when your behind a full size truck say it would be nice if we where a little higher so we could see the road better. Pretty soon she will say maybe we should lift the truck some. Since it’s her idea you say yeah maybe. I’ll look into it.

Haha! I love the strategy. I’ve got a good woman actually. She doesn’t give me any flack about anything I order or buy. It’s my own apprehension usually.

Well...Let me esplain...I drift...a lot. I am an old off road racer, class 10 and stadium cars, and I love to drift. The bloody traction control comes back on over 30 mph and tries to straighten the truck out, which is very dangerous (yes, the crew here already clowned me about drifting being dangerous). So, I don’t want it. It’s fine day to day driving. So after months of hacks and ideas and all kinds of other crap, I finally got it disabled and I love my 13 as much as my 05 again. But...when I flip the switch my dash is a Christmas tree...the price to play I guess.
It was way better/more fun back in the day when tc wasn't in vehicles especially on rear wheel drives. I turn mine off all the time.[emoji106][emoji106]

Hi All, I am new to the forum but I spent many an evening reading and trying to get someone who had done a lift with the 2018 tacoma and had the parts/ lift they used. I just got my 2018 Tacoma back from the shop and so far so good. I got a 2" old man emu lift front and back as well as 275/70 r 17 k02's and no issues with the TSSP.IMG_7698.jpg I have taken it out on the highway and around town, so far no issues with the TSSP. I kept the original placement of the sensors in the grill. No faults and no lights on the dash. I also didn't re calibrate the system.

Hi All, I am new to the forum but I spent many an evening reading and trying to get someone who had done a lift with the 2018 tacoma and had the parts/ lift they used. I just got my 2018 Tacoma back from the shop and so far so good. I got a 2" old man emu lift front and back as well as 275/70 r 17 k02's and no issues with the TSSP.View attachment 20437 I have taken it out on the highway and around town, so far no issues with the TSSP. I kept the original placement of the sensors in the grill. No faults and no lights on the dash. I also didn't re calibrate the system.

That’s a good lookin truck

Hi All, I am new to the forum but I spent many an evening reading and trying to get someone who had done a lift with the 2018 tacoma and had the parts/ lift they used. I just got my 2018 Tacoma back from the shop and so far so good. I got a 2" old man emu lift front and back as well as 275/70 r 17 k02's and no issues with the TSSP.View attachment 20437 I have taken it out on the highway and around town, so far no issues with the TSSP. I kept the original placement of the sensors in the grill. No faults and no lights on the dash. I also didn't re calibrate the system.
Keep us posted if anything changes. I think 2” and 275/70/17 is a good combo for these trucks. It looks great. Welcome to the forum.

Welcome. Good looking Taco.

I did the falcon with the towing capability an level the truck 2 inch... not problems with the TSSP. I know people with 4 inch lift done at the dealer an the sensor can get adjusted not problem at all!!

I did the falcon with the towing capability an level the truck 2 inch... not problems with the TSSP. I know people with 4 inch lift done at the dealer an the sensor can get adjusted not problem at all!!
The service manager at my local dealer said 3” is all they will guarantee. Anything above that they can’t guarantee it won’t have issues.

Back