Differential recall

Just got back from the dealer. They have 13 taco's held hostage in the back lot waiting on gaskets. One is waiting for the rear diff to be replaced due to damage. I was told Toyota is working on manufacturing the gaskets. They want to make sure it's a permanent fix. They don't want to just mass produce them. Im guessing they are hand made from the finest synthetic materials on the planet???
Since my truck was not part of the recall I did not have to leave it with them. They are going to call me when the parts come in.

Just got back from the dealer. They have 13 taco's held hostage in the back lot waiting on gaskets. One is waiting for the rear diff to be replaced due to damage. I was told Toyota is working on manufacturing the gaskets. They want to make sure it's a permanent fix. They don't want to just mass produce them. Im guessing they are hand made from the finest synthetic materials on the planet???
Since my truck was not part of the recall I did not have to leave it with them. They are going to call me when the parts come in.
You gonna clean it up and let it develop? Didn't look bad at all.

You gonna clean it up and let it develop? Didn't look bad at all.
It's not bad, it just started. I checked it a couple weeks ago and it wasn't there. I'm hoping they get the part sooner than later. They're saying it's a different part than the ones involved in the recall??
I don't know how replacing the gasket that isn't working with the same gasket will fix it. We will see.

Maybe you picked that up on the road somewhere I'd wipe it off and watch it. Maybe they've been crushing the gaskets at the factory. If so it will come back. Mystery...

So i then call my friend with a 2017 TRD Sport. And what did he find? Yep. Leaking on top bolts.... We will both be calling dealers tomorrow. And i feel sorry for whoever meets us at the service counter. LolScreenshot_20170711-232127.png

So i then call my friend with a 2017 TRD Sport. And what did he find? Yep. Leaking on top bolts.... We will both be calling dealers tomorrow. And i feel sorry for whoever meets us at the service counter. LolView attachment 11932
Let us know what they say. I'm predicting his will be kept for the recall and they will send you on your way because the OR isn't "part" of the recall. Good luck.

Obviously there is not a "spot" these are having issues with. Top, left, right it's leaking everywhere.

Let us know what they say. I'm predicting his will be kept for the recall and they will send you on your way because the OR isn't "part" of the recall. Good luck.
How can yhey send me on my way with it leaking? Recall or not, it needs to be fixed. Mines leaking on both sides of diff.

I don't know. You have an off road?
How can yhey send me on my way with it leaking? Recall or not, it needs to be fixed. Mines leaking on both sides of diff.

That's what they did to me because mine wasn't part of the "recall" they said they would call me when they got the part in.

Back