Differential recall

I don't know. You have an off road?

That's what they did to me because mine wasn't part of the "recall" they said they would call me when they got the part in.
I get ya now. OR not on recall so may let me drive it until new gaskets are avail. But Sports are on recall so would likely hold it. Ill find out tomorrow. Calling first, not giving thwm a chance to hold it by showing up at dealer service drive thru

The Offroad differential calls for 18 foot pounds and the non-locking differential calls for 33 foot pounds. Maybe that's a problem?? Seems like the larger differential should have more torque than that.

Truck goes to dealer next Thursday. If no loaner avail, they will rent me a car from enterprise or hertz. Diff leak, squeeking front left shock, and transmission shift issues will be investigated. I mentioned shift happy transmission and dealer said "thats a 6 speed for ya". Wow. This is not likely to go well with that response from dealer......

Truck goes to dealer next Thursday. If no loaner avail, they will rent me a car from enterprise or hertz. Diff leak, squeeking front left shock, and transmission shift issues will be investigated. I mentioned shift happy transmission and dealer said "thats a 6 speed for ya". Wow. This is not likely to go well with that response from dealer......
Let us know. I'm committed.

I dont want to give up on the truck. Just frustrating all things considered. Maybe a 4runner will work if i decide to trade it in. Kinda feels like every option is a bad one. Haha meh

I feel the same way. I need a truck though. I like Nothing else in this class. Toyota did give me a 8yr 125k mile platinum warranty with 0$ deductible for everything I've been going through... so I planned on keeping it at least that long. It's just been a huge waste of my time all the days and hours at the service department. They are starting to feel like family.

image1.JPG IMG_2154.PNG Toyota sold 191,631 Tacoma's in 2016 in the US and almost 95,000 in 2017 in the first 6 months. This recall is for 228,000 trucks that's pretty much all of them. I think they knew all of them where bad but if they recalled everyone of them they would have got a **** storm from the media. So let's just recall 80% of them and the other 20% can figure it out.

I was under the impression the recall only affected sport models. My TRDOR diff is leaking, not on recall. Will be fixed under warranty. If leaks occur after warranty is up, guess we'll be paying for the fix.? One more thought leading me to think trading mine in is a good idea.

I was under the impression the recall only affected sport models. My TRDOR diff is leaking, not on recall. Will be fixed under warranty. If leaks occur after warranty is up, guess we'll be paying for the fix.? One more thought leading me to think trading mine in is a good idea.
You're part of the 20%

Just curious, I know nothing about 4-runners. Do they share the same differentials with Tacos?

Back