Gen2 suspension crossmember under cover...

Horseshitt on the road??
Flying plastic bags
Shredded rubber from big trucks
Birds or other animals
Yada yada yada

this here perhaps is the genuine solution

1700324967365.png

79$
91$

Road salts are easy to wash off. Being towed out of a ditch or an accident is more difficult.

My point. Be thankful the road crews did the brine or salt to prevent the ice from forming on the road.

Just burn a few quarters at the local pay & spray to rinse off the truck.

or...I s'pose you could bitch about it...............

a smooth coating of woolWax HV paste coats the lip to keep that crap off the edges

local pay & spray is 3$ for about 5 minutes of soapy action with a soft-water rinse

difficult to get at the stuffs deep underneath it all however since truck is not lifted, its stock height

Skip the soap and soft-water rinse at the pay & spray.

Just use the plain rinse. You'll get more time for your quarter. The water combined with the pressure will easily remove the dried brine.

When Spring arrives, crawl under the truck like when taking pics, but take a garden hose with a nozzle instead of your phone. Rinse everything well, then rinse again. Flush out any accumulated dirt, brine, grit, sand, cinders and dried stuff from winter roads. Be sure to get inside the boxed frame sections. There are drain holes in these sections.

Problem is those boxed frame sections hold moisture....they never fully dry out, and thats where rust starts from the inside out on those taco frames that you never see until its too late. You want to coats the insides well with stuff like fluid flim, or krown when the frame insides are fairly dry.

Problem is those boxed frame sections hold moisture....they never fully dry out, and thats where rust starts from the inside out on those taco frames that you never see until its too late. You want to coats the insides well with stuff like fluid flim, or krown when the frame insides are fairly dry.
Agreed. That is why you need to flush all the dirt and debris out of those sections. Just hosing down with preventative over dirt/debris will only give a false sense of protection. Kinda like a condom with a hole.

Reminds me of a cj-5 jeep crew back in the 70's where these guys build outrageous jeeps for crossing deep streams, and mud. They modified the frames for more rigidity by boxing them in with added steel plates. After a period of a few years their frames broke in half....totally rusted out.

what product is recommended for spraying in there to evap that moisture and dry it all out
something like brakleen?

Got some Missouri snow stuffed up on in the plate now
Had to wheel it thru an unplowed access point to the McDonald's from the BP right off highway i29

So I Put a hose on under it to wash rinse what I could
Then relative backed it out down the drive incline and I saw the flood of water dump out the back
There Must be an absence of drain holes in that splash guard
So all of that winter slop that gets accumulated up front melts and evaps leaving salty trapped behind if you never go on steep incline for any drain

Back