Gen2 suspension crossmember under cover...

this front plate rotted out bad big hole... patiently waiting for a new part from the cyber weekend sale
(not sure about the back one yet, still have to get at it weather permitting)

when i attempted to remove the 2 back bolts (90080-11373) there were nuts that kept spinning and presented a challenge

however, on this diagram i see NO NUTS with washerbase that those bolts screw into to hold it in place

please don't tell me that these nuts are supposed to be tack welded to something or other to allow the bolts to secure it to the frame section
i cannot find that diagram at the moment if there even is one

I can confirm. Those bolts do not have separate nuts. The "nut" is welded to the frame.

You may need to cut the heads off the bolts. Then make a repair. May need to repair using a Rivnut.

Capture.PNG

Yep.....the whole truck should be made of stainless steel and require no maintenance for 2,000,000 miles.
:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

As far as I know I am the only one to ever touch this plate in 12 years unless the yota dealer service dept would have cause to unplayed it??

The take the truck in for oic every 5k which is about every nine months since they bot it new in '11 with their yota check for a bad 98 frame

because you don't' have access the "nuts".

I s'pose you could remove the engine to get access to the frame member.
I am gonna have to give you pics!!??

This is a single cab only they only put 4 bangars on those so it maybe different setup than your rig
idk

Last edited:
That part does not interfere with an oil change. Pan plug is aft of the part and oil filter is accessed from above.

Seriously doubt if the frame is different but post the pics. BTW, you'll have to get under the truck........

If they put a v6 into a single cab like in 1997 I would do like that for tooling around town

That part does not interfere with an oil change. Pan plug is aft of the part and oil filter is accessed from above.

Seriously doubt if the frame is different but post the pics. BTW, you'll have to get under the truck........
All I know so far that you have to remove the plate to access the front diff drain and fill and to properly drain the radiator
Nothing else I can think of at the moment

12-14-2o22

I don't have a clue where the oil filter is at on this rig
On my 97 you need a flashlight to find it it's so dark lol

Last edited:
So I am the first to ever touch this plate and I went and broke the nuts :(

Apologies to all I am not all together there these days
Caught a nasty at the bowling alley a week back and congestion drained into the lungs where I could hardly breathe at night to sleep 3 hours without coughing choking every bit for nearly three nights!!!
It's been literal hell...

The Gen2 V-6, the oil filter is on top.......just open the hood. TAAADAAAA! There it is...front, left side.

Try taking an expectorant. It'll help clear the crud.

Here is a diagram of the frame parts
I cannot tell yet where the bplTe bolts go into

1671056014901.png

The Gen2 V-6, the oil filter is on top.......just open the hood. TAAADAAAA! There it is...front, left side.

Try taking an expectorant. It'll help clear the crud.
I Stopped at Casey's and got a big bag of halls drops and kept sucking on them for 2 days to soothe the dry and cough whatever got lodged in the airway
My pectorals are shot from all the hacking and too weak to cough anymore

Back