Gen2 suspension crossmember under cover...

That single cab frame must be different and shorter than the bigger gen2 trucks

would a hand rapid-pumped floor jack cause this damage?

img_20221125_162126_647-jpg.34569

Looks more like the stuff they spray the roads with here would do that.
it was probably already rotted
but if i am not crazy this is the area where DT raises and supports truck to install and rotate tires
i will have a lot of work to do under that truck when the weather warms
lots of rust coated everything in this area
going to use black cosmoline after its converted

If the pit monkeys at DT are not using the lift points on the truck.
Damage will occur.

I'd be watching them lift. If not done correctly, then speak with the manager and escalate to corporate if no response.

the DT shop I frequent has those flush mount hydraulic frame lifts in the floor but they must not be in working order they never seem to use them

they use 4 handpump jacks, 2 on the rear axle and 2 in the front somewhere... so i had to ask where!
somewhere on the frame where the LCAs attach with the pump jack handles sticking out from under the front bumper
do they know what they are doing?
is there an issue to pursue

Can't say on your truck. Owner's Manual will identify the lift points.

On my Gen2, there are 3 lift points. 2 are inline with the rear shocks on the axle. The single is up front under the engine and looks like a post.

But I'd think lifting on the LCA joint where it attaches to the frame would be a strong point.

it is strong but this LCA point is also right where that skid plate attaches?

Can't say on Gen1. The Gen2 hangs on a pair of hooks up front with 2 bolts at the rear of the plate.

You should check to discover if the plate is wide enough to cover a portion of the LCA.

1-13-23

this is for Gen2 single cab with the 4cyl
picture in #23 post

where do 2 bolts in the rear connect, the ones that nuts broke and kept spinning on this '11
its been much too cold to look further... and still waiting on that new part from KC warehouse!
i need to still change the front diff fluid in that one

Last edited:
part still stuck in KCMO

i need to call the parts dealer to find out its current status yet again

This long......I'd be cancelling the order by phone call then follow up with an email. Finding another source.

Lack of filling the order by the vendor.

How long do you plan to wait for this mysterious part shipment??? Has the payment been transferred???

Kinda sounds like the famous promises.....
The check is in the mail, trust me.
I promise sweetheart, I won't &^% in your mouth.
I'll get to it tomorrow.

last time i called in late December they 'blamed' the Yota supply chain from California warehouse for the other orders outstanding but this item in particular was noted to be in stock at the KCMO warehouse not far from Topeka!?

its also been a bit coldish out to fix and treat the under front of that '11
so not in any kind of hurry :oops:

The junk got worse
A new rott hole popped up on opposite side of grapefruit hole
Peeling flaking crap all over everywhere

Back