Sputtering at 50-60 mph

I don't think most dealers sales people on the floor go through the initial breakin for these newer trucks when you pick them up, or even know much about it, unless the service manager takes the time with you to explain it all. I was satisfied when ending up going to a regional toyota dealer buying my tacoma. Idk if some of these local guys I originally shopped would explain everything in such detail.

I don't think most dealers sales people on the floor go through the initial breakin for these newer trucks when you pick them up, or even know much about it, unless the service manager takes the time with you to explain it all. I was satisfied when ending up going to a regional toyota dealer buying my tacoma. Idk if some of these local guys I originally shopped would explain everything in such detail.
From my experience with most of the dealers in my area, they lie about everything just to lie and know nothing about the vehicles they sell except for usually some big thing to make the buyer get all excited. I read the manual and did the break in according to the manual. And honestly I’ve never done that before. I usually just buy it and go. Plan on keeping this one a while and I’ma bit older and care more now I guess

There's only 2 local dealers here I trust if buying from them. They've been around here decades under the same ownership...one of them being family owned. I don't think you'd get a bs job from either. The only issue I had from either...neither carried the particular truck I wanted even though they spent time with me on their computer looking for anything close east of the mississippi. I could have got a great deal from what they had on their lot offered. I ended up taking some advice from my brothers wife calling this big regional dealer in boston where their sales manager guy was more than willing to order, or find an allocation of a texas truck build that I wanted. Imo, the nearly 2 month wait was worth it.

So I changed my oil yesterday instead of having the dealer do it. I only had them do the oil changes so far because they were free. I used Mobil1 0W20 and OEM Toyota filter. It seemed like what came out was more then what should be in there, not 100% sure, but for whatever reason my truck is driving better than it has since I bought it. Cant wait to go for a drive tomorrow to see how it drives. Hope it wasn't a fluke that it was driving better.

Back