What have you done to your Tacoma today?

I sold the original all season firestones that came on my truck for $250. They had about 200 miles on them. I already had bought the goodyears to put on my tundra, instead kept them for the tacoma.
As far as all used up old tires, I can bring up to 4 of them to the recycle bin for our town.
I wish our town had an option like that.

What have you done to your Tacoma today?​

Well today I saw a commercial on TV showing Arby's new "King's Hawaiian fish deluxe sandwich" just in time for Lent. Now I normally don't eat fish but my cousin in Nebraska keeps telling me I gotta try this new fish sandwich so I jump in my Tacoma and mosey on down to the local Arby's and order it to go. Wow, it was freaking delicious. The taste, the crunchy, and the texture left a lasting impression on me. Best $5.39 I've ever spent on a fish. Now if I can just get that smell out of the cab of my pickup truck…

Attachments

• image4.jpeg
    image4.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 2
I spent 10 minutes scraping the ice encasement off the windshield to make a milk and egg run in single digit wind chill.

Ice storms are the worst. Two days post storm, the streets and sidewalks remain treacherous.

What have you done to your Tacoma today?​

Well today I saw a commercial on TV showing Arby's new "King's Hawaiian fish deluxe sandwich" just in time for Lent. Now I normally don't eat fish but my cousin in Nebraska keeps telling me I gotta try this new fish sandwich so I jump in my Tacoma and mosey on down to the local Arby's and order it to go. Wow, it was freaking delicious. The taste, the crunchy, and the texture left a lasting impression on me. Best $5.39 I've ever spent on a fish. Now if I can just get that smell out of the cab of my pickup truck…
That reminds me, I got a package of calamari in the freezer that needs to be cooked. Thanks for the fish post.

I spent 10 minutes scraping the ice encasement off the windshield to make a milk and egg run in single digit wind chill.

Ice storms are the worst. Two days post storm, the streets and sidewalks remain treacherous.
go green and let the sunny shine melt it all away, that's what i do, the only issue is the shady parts on the northside don't melt until above freezing

Got a fresh tank of tacoJuice
Had 64c off save at shell that needed burned off before the 28th
235c per G
destination Monday is outside the Des Moines Iowa area
I usually burn thru that whole tank there and back :confused: at 70+ on i80
292707 on the odo!

What have you done to your Tacoma Today?

So this morning we drove the Taco down to DFW Airport and put him in the parking garage. I't going to be radio silence for me for the next few days. We are boarding a SouthWest flight to Florida and then gettig on one of thos cruise ships. The wife's been dying to see the Carribiean so here we go. You all be safe. Cheers.
TexasBigBlue

Had to clean a couple inches of snow off the truck this morning before running an errand. Hopefully I'll wait to see if the walks and driveway melts.

So this morning we drove the Taco down to DFW Airport and put him in the parking garage. I't going to be radio silence for me for the next few days. We are boarding a SouthWest flight to Florida and then gettig on one of thos cruise ships. The wife's been dying to see the Carribiean so here we go. You all be safe. Cheers.
TexasBigBlue

data=T-E6ECpx-GmP_jIVk3h_ycuDVP4wpqv0MU5MuTHqeC5nIAc4v7NxmdbfgGtZs0j-1TTOAAeztguYjU_y0GttyHmDx3onnQ2KS3oB3sDMTg3tZ43-VqamgcRJYasPf3r6NA89hGE_efGA-zLQzhEiN9NaIp5vWiiwjeHMuA5FAZy2Ww,Fpko_SPkfGPulNcJjp8FoNqLnJQmTVb7tYUfDhOyLRkxOhgRtz29mdmzr5-uhTpHq1qvUOlCD5ocEXzc0sVhHkVRAsi12QdtnBCueazMdtStC0LF71VYWgOPBYwnpBrc53ba9lraNGxaGjwJMS27QlbWOyaWx4YXp_sdsvrmBSozXMFa93497wNq4grU3o53nYMuQ-MzkFR7gtr0lM6fZAC7SvsH-njstH-rkYWFzovALXeXMGCopsQGH0xWsLXA5W9aZ5_ii9ThzmamS1K-eozZIF1yVOWdCLWfa_qn5i9ACm9usx3QJ7zjrbxM54kq9-fPDUnTY1_Vt9tn5AyWAE3AR7H-_vMI-tq5zAo

a 2200+ mile round-trip taco adventure would put a good dent into your 1,000,000 signature goals
the miles DON'T just magically appear, they must be driven!...

TexasBigBlue
safe journeys!

boy you ain't kidding Jay. I wanted to drive it but the wife said no can do.
data=T-E6ECpx-GmP_jIVk3h_ycuDVP4wpqv0MU5MuTHqeC5nIAc4v7NxmdbfgGtZs0j-1TTOAAeztguYjU_y0GttyHmDx3onnQ2KS3oB3sDMTg3tZ43-VqamgcRJYasPf3r6NA89hGE_efGA-zLQzhEiN9NaIp5vWiiwjeHMuA5FAZy2Ww,Fpko_SPkfGPulNcJjp8FoNqLnJQmTVb7tYUfDhOyLRkxOhgRtz29mdmzr5-uhTpHq1qvUOlCD5ocEXzc0sVhHkVRAsi12QdtnBCueazMdtStC0LF71VYWgOPBYwnpBrc53ba9lraNGxaGjwJMS27QlbWOyaWx4YXp_sdsvrmBSozXMFa93497wNq4grU3o53nYMuQ-MzkFR7gtr0lM6fZAC7SvsH-njstH-rkYWFzovALXeXMGCopsQGH0xWsLXA5W9aZ5_ii9ThzmamS1K-eozZIF1yVOWdCLWfa_qn5i9ACm9usx3QJ7zjrbxM54kq9-fPDUnTY1_Vt9tn5AyWAE3AR7H-_vMI-tq5zAo

a 2200+ mile round-trip taco adventure would put a good dent into your 1,000,000 signature goals
the miles DON'T just magically appear, they must be driven!...
You ain't kidding. I was ready to do it but the wife wasn't having it. We drove BigBlue to Biloxi a few months back on 9-hour drive one way and it almost killed her. Some people just cant be cooped up on a road trip I guess but I'm not one of em. I figure Iv'e got 30 more years of driving to make my million miles. :D

TexasBigBlue
watch out for them sharks!

boy you ain't kidding Jay. I wanted to drive it but the wife said no can do.

You ain't kidding. I was ready to do it but the wife wasn't having it. We drove BigBlue to Biloxi a few months back on 9-hour drive one way and it almost killed her. Some people just cant be cooped up on a road trip I guess but I'm not one of em. I figure Iv'e got 30 more years of driving to make my million miles. :D

Texas looks to have the most miles of state highways out there

Texas683,533

Iowa does not have so many
Iowa235,549

Hawaii has even less
Hawaii9,799

i don't know where they come up with this many in Illinois
Illinois306,658

Last edited:
Is that count only include paved roads? If so, then it is woefully short.

IA is basically split into 1 sq mile sections (640 acres/1 sq mile, farming). This means there are gravel (unpaved) roads about every mile. Its a grid work of gravel roads with a 1 mile spacing.

Ever wonder why small towns are always about 10 miles apart???? Stagecoach stops for fresh horses, later steam trains needed water about every 10 miles.

i don't know if those #s double count the 4 lane state highways !?! in both directions LOL

are there ANY state highways that are not paved in Iowa?

there is one in middle Nebraska... half way its not paved

cornHusker 18

72px-N-18.svg.png

data=5qGDMAdss_jFEZbKlNgPLQDl8Q72__KowFY-LvEoGV6Y6I-2LLeykBfbxVddZB0TZF8_T0S29jPn_gMOBU6ZceOUBgMXkH6agp8aiO2RZZK7ZnAd12vKQd_LY-KafjQ1v3-XK2m5_sS-NwRmi7fTOqSUFcrbYI5iSXCaXIGLWqvOb-odcKqZM5DaByqJB8aMiRLdzp9qb-bVv5u3m8ttBOrA1dXpmoYaHyVA7seGxmi6DLBRIX95qBDL1M5XQo3jM4a5pmEy

IMG_1667.JPG

rural county roads are likely not counted but IDK

Last edited:
i was searching for state highways ONLY
that google search must've returned to i the wrong data... i don't like when it does that :eek:
those numbers have to include Interstate highways and US highways, along with the state highways ...clueless about rural roads paved or unpaved if those are included or not

dressed some rubber trimmings around the rear window area and pane + the outer run channels on the side
this rubber is getting aged after nearly 26 yrs
used the product ChemicalGuys VRP
it looks nice and all until it rains and washes it all away :confused: a wasted effort

i have yet to find the best product to use on rubber trim that is longest lasting and repels rain and washing for extended period of time

Back