a new chapter begins... the road to 400k

The Seatbelt is making/has been making the most oddest of noises
I can no longer wear that seatbelt properly with those noises, it's THAT annoying

Whatever do I do??

I can no longer wear that seatbelt properly with those noises, it's THAT annoying

Whatever do I do??
Well..... You could do one of the following.

1. Fix or replace it.
2. be prepared to pay a violation.
3. in an accident, love the taste of steering wheel.

On the other hand. How does it make noise when you are wearing it??

Whatever do I do??
Do what I did with oldest sons 95 Tacoma. After all that sqeaking and that retractor spring wore out, I spent $200 and got him a new one. God I wish I never would have sold that pickup truck.

Starts today in north Florida
Where will it end up at. .?

a new chapter begins... the road to 400k​

Well I can tell you when you make it to 400,000 miles, I will drive up to 8-county and meet you at an IHOP somewhere because I will pin this to your chest as a proud testament to your unbelievable accomplishment. ;)

Attachments

• image0-5.jpeg
    image0-5.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 5
I think it's the receptacle thing where it buckles into by the right hip area
After bouncing around and hearing that awful squeak I diagnosed the noise to come from that area

So I unbuckled it and started driving around with no seatbelt buckled good and secure
And NO more noises!!
And I was at taco peace again :)

a new chapter begins... the road to 400k​

Well I can tell you when you make it to 400,000 miles, I will drive up to 8-county and meet you at an IHOP somewhere because I will pin this to your chest as a proud testament to your unbelievable accomplishment. ;)

There are several gen1 OGs out there with more miles on tacos than that :oops:

What part of N Florida?

wheelin' it to Miami tomorrow early almost
Don't think I wanna get there via i95, it looks completely lined with trees can't see much of anything!

Last edited:
You probably could buy a much newer truck for what it going to cost in repairs just to get to 1/2 a million miles, plus in the end your truck is worth 0.

Zero
LMAO
I would probably have to pay the crusher to dispose of it

Newer trucks are TOO big, even the Colorado I cannot touch the bed floor over the side rail
Climbing into that relatives gen2 regular cab and constantly bumping the top of my head gives me a headache :confused:
Can barely even prop the hood on that buggard without straining my shoulder and neck!

And I definitely do not see any total of maintenance and repairs exceeding 50k, which is about the total cost of the bigger new trucks

There's a report of A gen1 with over 700k miles that was tboned with 7k$ of damages done and was not totalled by insurance, it was fixed
How again it worth zero??!

US-1 south traffic just got crazy with the lights after lights near port st Lucie
I may have to hop onto i95 to wheel through Miami in awhile when the clutch foot starts aching

Zero
LMAO
I would probably have to pay the crusher to dispose of it

Newer trucks are TOO big, even the Colorado I cannot touch the bed floor over the side rail
Climbing into that relatives gen2 regular cab and constantly bumping the top of my head gives me a headache :confused:
Can barely even prop the hood on that buggard without straining my shoulder and neck!

And I definitely do not see any total of maintenance and repairs exceeding 50k, which is about the total cost of the bigger new trucks

There's a report of A gen1 with over 700k miles that was tboned with 7k$ of damages done and was not totalled by insurance, it was fixed
How again it worth zero??!
You can buy a 4wd tacoma otd easy for under 40k. I think you're referring to a trd pro model with all the goodies. I bought my 2020 sr5 v6 4wd with a lot of good stuff for way under 40k.

Many good used Tacomas for well under $20K, although most are Gen2 or newer.

If a Gen2 is too big, then you could consider a shorter stature, like a Honda Ridgeline or a Mazda B2000 or a Mitsubishi.......just naming a few.

You do realize that eventually your truck will wear out, the speed of demise is dependent on maintenance or lack of maintenance.

Back