a new chapter begins... the road to 400k

made it safely through the heart of Miami on US-1
'twas Definitely a thrill wheelin' it gen1 style in late Sunday afternoon traffic
Only one close call trying to clutch it around the city centre roundabout and almost missed the turnout and had to pull a moving Chicago LMAO

I'm old enough to know better, but I'm too young to quit.

I am fortunate. No health issues at all. No maintenance drugs, normal BP, normal blood butter...............

I'm old enough to know better, but I'm too young to quit.

I am fortunate. No health issues at all. No maintenance drugs, normal BP, normal blood butter...............
Me also. I go so long between seeing the same Dr. for a check up that I am always considered a new patient even though I've been going to the same hospital since the 80's.

I haven't seen a Dr in years. Seems like only PhA (Physican Assistant) are available.

Dr must be out chasing a dimpled ball around a pasture or playing with something on 2 legs. Maybe Dr without borders giving physicals to malnourished kids in Africa............only to perscibe "eat more"

Last edited:
I haven't seen a Dr in years. Seems like only PhA (Physican Assistant) are available.

Dr must be out chasing a dimpled ball around a pasture or playing with something on 2 legs. Maybe Dr without borders giving physicals to malnourished kids in Africa............only to perscibe "eat more"
I go to a nurse thats an acting physician now. Suffered a stroke 10 years ago...I wasn't in bad shape either...a few lbs overweight, but my bad cholesterol was off the charts. Hadn't seen a doctor in years after retiring from racing bikes. I saw plenty of orthopedic surgeons till that point. I had to change my eating habits, and lifestyle after the stroke to get my cholesterol in check. I still take a small pill for that every day.

I go to a nurse thats an acting physician now. Suffered a stroke 10 years ago...I wasn't in bad shape either...a few lbs overweight, but my bad cholesterol was off the charts. Hadn't seen a doctor in years after retiring from racing bikes. I saw plenty of orthopedic surgeons till that point. I had to change my eating habits, and lifestyle after the stroke to get my cholesterol in check. I still take a small pill for that every day.
Stay far away from that tacobell, tacojoel

I haven't been back to any of those fast food places, especially Taco Bell no pun intended. Most I've done is sneak a pizza now, and then from a couple of my favorite shops. I like to think I'm a lot healthier now that I do most of the cooking now.

I haven't been back to any of those fast food places, especially Taco Bell no pun intended. Most I've done is sneak a pizza now, and then from a couple of my favorite shops. I like to think I'm a lot healthier now that I do most of the cooking now.
I had three or 4 freshly bananas for breakfast to live to see another day lol

Where ya headed by the way ?
headed to the everglades park tomorrow
Then have to wheel it back north some 400+ miles out of this nasty Florida.
I did find a very secluded beach on government lands, at least it was so secluded early one morning before the wheel to Miami
Unfortunately my last stopover in Florida is 80 miles from that Canaveral seashore, but maybe I can make it work
Then I read that there could be nudity from adults to kids there at times so watch out o_O
I may have to wait to return until another 100k passes OR the year 2o27 is breached... Whichever may cometh first!

You really do get off the beaten path don't you.
I had to wait forever it seems for a small car coming the other way
Luckily I found a quick pull off the road spot that was big enough because a canal runs next to that

Back