a new chapter begins... the road to 400k

the last time i checked that cap months ago the rubbery gasket has a small tear so i bot a new oem cap that is still in the packaging

Being ground hog day...the ground hog saw no shadow here...raining again. The ground hog did see plenty of same videos on various threads.

thots on fuel injector maintenance
had them cleaned at the dealer a number of times over the decade with whutever potion they drop into the tank
but they have never been removed from the rail and professionally rebuilt that some in Gen1 tacoLand like to do

new oem injectors are bastardly xPensive

245$ MSRP each
170$ @ 31 per cent 0FF oem discount parts

would we get a noticeable performance improvement to fastidiously maintenance these other than the drop-in-tank potion(s)

I gotta chuckle when people fall for that injection cleaning service....it's one of the stealers best rip-off gimmicks that make them easy money.
You need to remove the injectors from the fuel rail to get them professionally cleaned. There are places that they can be sent out to do this....but not dealers.

Last edited:
transmission input shaft roached bearing.jpg

R150F input bearing Yota1.jpg

'97 transmission Yota1 box on floor 2.jpg

that big box on the floor must be the delivery from Yota1 still needing installed

Last edited:
With the miles Jay has on his injectors.......I'd wager they are beyond any help a cleaning could offer. I suspect the orifice nozzles are worn and the injectors needing replacement.

Back