a new chapter begins... the road to 400k

There was an issue with undoing the exhaust piping near the front pipe in front of the cat by the crossover pipe to manifold
Nut seized andStud broke! Exhaust leaky

Last edited:
Congrats! It only took them that long to unscrew the radiator cap, and install a new truck under it? Heck it only took about 75 days for me to have a new taco built in texas, and then get it to boston so I could pick it up. We need orangeman back.

2-22-2o24

It is the day of pickUp after 84 long-winded days

IMG_0402.JPG

341715.JPG

Last edited:
successfully wheeled the nearly 27-year-old rig back west 470 miles and triggered 342k somewhere in the blazing sunset and nasty Iowa wind
Got a new clutch to break in now...
Need a few several other concerns ironed out proper and the time comes to packing them miles :confused: once again soon

Last edited:
i think there is major improvements!
other than these shiitty NAPA front CVs...

but the twitchy needle at freeway speeds disappeared... waiting for a severe nippy morning to test the other aspect of that needle

Last edited:
omg my left arm hand thumb is SOOO friggin' tired and literally shot to shiittt :eek:

the truck has a current serious alignment issue now... take hand off the wheel at freeway speed and STRAIGHT INTO THE DITCH IT WILL GO, it is THAT bad.

the issue noted by the allignment tech is an issue with the coilovers that need adjusting or something of the sorts that he/she apparently had NO experience in dealing with
SMH

so now the onerous task to adjust and level things so it will drive true is the next obstacle to tackle
hoping it is not going to involve a wheel all the way back to Grand Junction Colorado because my left arm is so friggn sore of holding onto the wheel for dear life

:confused: :( :confused:

No alignment can be that bad from what you're implying is happening. Sounds more like a frozen caliper with the brake pads dragging on one side.

yes, i really do not know much other than what i was told by the alignment place the truck was taken to

brakes work and stop straight and true afaik

i let go of the wheel for a split and straight off into the ditch it heads, its obscenely dangerous :( at high speed when an adjustment is needed

but then it is always possible a caliper is sticky with NO brakes applied
yet again i would have NO clue how to investigate that possibility and check if that is what is happening

You could have a RH front wheel bearing in the process of locking up or has already failed.

You claim to have a nasty vibration from the "crappy NAPA CV axles" that you had installed. The nasty vibration could be in the wheel bearing or worse inside the front diff. Although, I'd suspect a wheel bearing first. Use Occam's Razor when diagnosing an issue.

More subtly, you could have a front tire throwing a belt or out of balance. LBJ of UBJ could cause drifting and vibrations. So could bad shocks.

Oh, just a reminder. If you don't like the NAPA CV axles, you could try returning them under the warranty. Assuming you are still within the NAPA warranty.

That RH wheel bearing is still the original lol

I have no clue what this is
Occam's Razor

I would hope the tire is ok
It is nearly brand new Michelin with a couple thousand miles onit

This is definitely not a drift issue
It is immediate hard pull to right
That is how my arm shoulder hand thumb is so worn out holding the wheel for dear life

Last edited:
Back