a new chapter begins... the road to 400k

yes i know the slipping and it is NOT slipping like that as of yet
NO increase in engine speed while in top gears going uphills, none whatsoever

i took it to professional transmission shop and paid good coin for them to tell me they could find NOTHING wrong with what i was describing going on
it would NOT act up for them at all

that throwout bearing noise only recently popped up that i could hear it and make it stop by hand on pedal at idle

BUT... that chirpy noise does not happen ALL THE TIME as of yet
only once in awhile, usually when its hot out or after a long wheel out on the trails

I have said before. Intermittent problems are the most difficult to detect and diagnose for a mechanic. Unless the problem manifests while the mechanic has the truck......he must conclude nothing is wrong.

The "good coin" you are spending is paying for the mechanic's labor to diagnose the truck. They or no one works for free. The truck goes into a bay or on a hoist is consuming shop time and space.

Ok, so lets rule out the clutch (for the time being). A while ago, you were describing handling issues with the suspension. Have those issues been solved? IIRC, the possibles were UBJ, LBJ, bushings and shocks. Any of these could be the source of rattles, squeaks, poor handling, harsh ride........

a true master mechanic SHOULD know how it all works and can readily pinpoint from experience, training, certifications, seen-it-all-before on what exactly is going wrong from just mere customer descriptions of the issues

a true master mechanic SHOULD know how it all works and can readily pinpoint from experience, training, certifications, seen-it-all-before on what exactly is going wrong from just mere customer descriptions of the issues

Sorry.......I truly don't know how to respond to this mythconception.

If your tranny is popping out of gear, good chance you have worn out syncros. Transamission needs a rebuild.

No.....I'm not "flcking around". I and others have been trying to help and guide you.

A slipping clutch will allow the engine to increase in speed while the transmission is in gear WITHOUT a corresponding increase in vehicle speed.

Typically, first noticeable in the high gears when accelerating. As the clutch becomes more worn the slip will be more pronounced and proceed into the lower gears.

Eventually, the truck won't be able to move from a stop in the lowest gear.

At this point, the damage will likely involve the flywheel, friction disk, diaphragm spring, throw-out bearing possibly other parts. Basically, everything between the engine and the transmission.

FWIW, I am not the only member trying to help and guide you to a solution.
We can't lead the horse to water, and we can't make the horse drink. Fixed it.

i tried putting new wiper blades on the truck yesterday
my neck nearly seized up partially paralyzing me trying to reach to do that task
:confused:

Sorry.......I truly don't know how to respond to this mythconception.

parts changers vs real bonafide & true mechanics that have real-world experiences under their belts and actually care about the customer and their property first and foremost
that are NOT out to just rape yer pokcets clean

When you own a truck with over 1/4 million miles thats a daily driver...be prepared for a bunch of work. Trust me, I've been there. There's a time you have to bite the bullet, or have deep pockets.

When you own a truck with over 1/4 million miles thats a daily driver...be prepared for a bunch of work. Trust me, I've been there. There's a time you have to bite the bullet, or have deep pockets.
Ya NFS!
I just want to know what wrong or going wrong and NOT to be misled and pokcets raped

Such as I was misled for over a year with the clutch bearing rattle that turned out to be something way more different and very serious part failing I was clueless about
Zero FCKS

Ya NFS!
I just want to know what wrong or going wrong and NOT to be misled and pokcets raped

Such as I was misled for over a year with the clutch bearing rattle that turned out to be something way more different and very serious part failing I was clueless about
Zero FCKS
Buy a new vehicle then. You have a warranty. Chances are you won't have an issue for quite a while. Far as repairs, try to build a relationship with a well respected shop. Most have ratings on the quality of their work.

Repairs on gen1 taco are ezpz if you are handy with a wrench, have good mobility and health

Zero intrest in vehicle payments, added taxes, elevated insurance for all that new safety feature garbage they make you pay

Repairs on gen1 taco are ezpz if you are handy with a wrench, have good mobility and health

Zero intrest in vehicle payments, added taxes, elevated insurance for all that new safety feature garbage they make you pay
Its called get a job, and work hard.
I'll agree with you on the nanny bs. It's there for those few that can't drive a vehicle to save their butt. At least one good feature you'll get is lower insurance premiums with all this new nanny bs. Mine when way down after I sold my 2001 tundra that had none of it.

Back