How often do you park beside another Tacoma….

Drove down Fry street today which is about a block off the square and spotted a CharcoalSilver gen3 OR. Those rims are absolutely gorgeous but what caught my eye was yet another "ragtop" camper shell over the bed. This is the 2nd one I've seen on a Tacoma since moving back to Texas.
I like those ragtops, I'm looking to get one for mine. Something that is easy-on, easy-off, and stores easy.

Hey TexasBigBlue you posted pics of that Taco the other day with all those decals on it, then I posted that that guy likes decals even more than I do! Anyhow I got to thinking that I should post pics of my decals on here, I don't have any on the tailgate just on the back glass and a couple emblems on the Husky tool-box! You should be able to blow them up to see all of them!

Attachments

• 20230611_161932.jpg
    20230611_161932.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 11
Hey TexasBigBlue you posted pics of that Taco the other day with all those decals on it, then I posted that that guy likes decals even more than I do! Anyhow I got to thinking that I should post pics of my decals on here, I don't have any on the tailgate just on the back glass and a couple emblems on the Husky tool-box! You should be able to blow them up to see all of them!
That is so cool Taco Man. And I forgot you had that great looking toolbox in the bed. :)

I was at the Walmart this afternoon and ran into a young man named Zack (that's him in the picture) and his gen3 2023 Midnight Black TSS 2wd. Said he leased it for $40,000 and he loves his taco. Notice the taco and the yota in the rear window. Now that's a diehard Tacoma lover. :cool:

Attachments

• image0-9.jpeg
    image0-9.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 4
  • image2.jpeg
    image2.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 5
  • image1.jpeg
    image1.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 8
I was at the Walmart this afternoon and ran into a young man named Zack (that's him in the picture) and his gen3 2023 Midnight Black TSS 2wd. Said he leased it for $40,000 and he loves his taco. Notice the taco and the yota in the rear window. Now that's a diehard Tacoma lover. :cool:
Wow that's a cool 3rd gen!

I was on my way home this afternoon when I noticed this SuperWhite gen1, 2wd Tacoma. No markings identifying which trim level but look at the tailgate ! I'm pretty sure that badging did NOT come from the factory. It's hard to see but if you look at the reflection of my Tacoma just above my hood, you can see a manuel shifter knob. It's got some dents and dings but it's definitely a daily driver.

Attachments

• image2.jpeg
    image2.jpeg
    3.6 MB · Views: 1
  • image0-9.jpeg
    image0-9.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 2
  • image1.jpeg
    image1.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 2
  • image3.jpeg
    image3.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 3
I was on my way home this afternoon when I noticed this SuperWhite gen1, 2wd Tacoma. No markings identifying which trim level but look at the tailgate ! I'm pretty sure that badging did NOT come from the factory. It's hard to see but if you look at the reflection of my Tacoma just above my hood, you can see a manuel shifter knob. It's got some dents and dings but it's definitely a daily driver.
My guess is that's gotta be a trim level or 2 above mine, the reason I say that is because the grille and both the front and rear bumpers are chrome! Mine is the base model, if you look at the pics of mine the grille and both of the bumpers are black or dark gray! I've thought about color matching my grille and bumpers btw, I think it'd look pretty cool but idk!

Cool looking 1st gen btw! Wish mine came equipped with a millenial anti-theft device! Lol!

Attachments

• 20230224_185428.jpg
    20230224_185428.jpg
    579.1 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Went to the barber shop this morning to get me a flattop when I noticed this SuperWhite gen3 access cab. Another man's work truck. Arrow Exterminators. Very basic, SR, steel wheels. Niiiiiiiiice.

Attachments

• image1.jpeg
    image1.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 1
  • image2.jpeg
    image2.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 1
  • image0-9.jpeg
    image0-9.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 2
Went to the barber shop this morning to get me a flattop when I noticed this SuperWhite gen3 access cab. Another man's work truck. Arrow Exterminators. Very basic, SR, steel wheels. Niiiiiiiiice.
Arrow is a Georgia founded and based company. They used Ford Rangers exclusively right up until Ford stopped building them. They then switched to Toyota Tacomas. They were one of the largest buyers of Ford Rangers, and if memory serves correctly, they received the last Ranger built, and one of the first of the new Rangers. Sadly, they are supposed to be phasing the Tacomas out of their fleet and replacing them with the new Ford Rangers.

Arrow is a Georgia founded and based company. They used Ford Rangers exclusively right up until Ford stopped building them. They then switched to Toyota Tacomas. They were one of the largest buyers of Ford Rangers, and if memory serves correctly, they received the last Ranger built, and one of the first of the new Rangers. Sadly, they are supposed to be phasing the Tacomas out of their fleet and replacing them with the new Ford Rangers.
That sucks!

That sucks!
They usually replaced the Rangers about every 3 to 4 years, or when the total lifetime service expenditure exceeded a certain amount. I still see several Gen2 Tacomas in their fleet in the cities/towns in my area. I see a few Rangers in their fleets, but not as many Tacomas as when they started replacing the Rangers in the early 2010s, so the Tacos may stay around much longer. I remember reading about them in Atlanta Journal-Constitution when the new Rangers came out, they could have changed their mind if the Tacos are having a longer life than the Rangers.

They usually replaced the Rangers about every 3 to 4 years, or when the total lifetime service expenditure exceeded a certain amount. I still see several Gen2 Tacomas in their fleet in the cities/towns in my area. I see a few Rangers in their fleets, but not as many Tacomas as when they started replacing the Rangers in the early 2010s, so the Tacos may stay around much longer. I remember reading about them in Atlanta Journal-Constitution when the new Rangers came out, they could have changed their mind if the Tacos are having a longer life than the Rangers.
Same thing here in Texas. I am seeing more and more fleet tacos used for pool companies, exterminator services, Security, and HVAC companies. Personally, I think it's great.

On our way back from Gatlinburg, Tn, we passed a Tacoma boneyard in Vonore, Tn... Tacos as far as the eye could see... I hope my wife got some good pics. I would have turned around and went back, but we were pressed for time as we wanted to get home before some bad storms hit.

On our way back from Gatlinburg, Tn, we passed a Tacoma boneyard in Vonore, Tn... Tacos as far as the eye could see... I hope my wife got some good pics. I would have turned around and went back, but we were pressed for time as we wanted to get home before some bad storms hit.
Well if she did I'd love to see them posted.

So when they phase out the Tacos are they auctioned off or do they give their employees the option to buy them?? I suspect the former but I just thought I'd ask. My dad and most of my uncles used to work at the local gas company here in Texas, I remember back then the company used to allow the employees to buy the vehicles they were getting rid of! I remember a couple of my uncles bought former gas company cars! Now the company has since changed hands and the employees are not allowed to buy the vehicles that are being gotten rid of, they are auctioned off instead. My uncle that still works there would dearly love to buy the extended cab 4x4 Ford F250 he drives but he's not allowed to and doesn't have any way of going about doing it!

So today I was trying to beat the rain clouds home when I spotted this ForrestGreen gen3 OR with some nice looking after market AT's.
Wow that's a cool 3rd gen! The first couple shots I thought it looked like a dark gray then in the third shot I could see a hint of Forrest green! I guess it depends on how it shows up in the light! Like I said cool truck!

This afternoon on my way home from work I spotted a nice 1st gen parked in the parking lot at a local Wal-Mart as I was driving by! I would've pulled in and snapped a couple quick pics of it but I was sooo f**king worn out from working in this heat unloading those hot a$$ tractor trailers I didn't stop! Sorry guys!

Back