is this nothing more than just surface rust?

That frame i would say by the pics has seen better days likely needing replacement. I've seen tacoma frames in better shape at the dealer here in connecticut get condemned.
do you have those annual state safety inspections?

Go ol' school.

Just hose everything down with used motor oil.

Low cost.
Prevents weeds.
Slows rust.
CAT Anti-theft.

5 quarts should do the whole truck. No need to make a trip to the recycler center.

Oil doesn't last if in wet weather, besides its called polluting.

How can you say new frame 3 times fast.
as far as i saw where those pics come from they used the safeTcaps from Rhode Island autoRust place to mend repair fab it up

Go ol' school.

Just hose everything down with used motor oil.

Low cost.
Prevents weeds.
Slows rust.
CAT Anti-theft.

5 quarts should do the whole truck. No need to make a trip to the recycler center.
how about heavyweight gear oil?

Probably the same, just takes longer to wash off. I use it to lubricate the chain, and sprockets to the auger on the snow blower attachment for my tractor. The sprockets, and chain get pretty dry after using it in a good snowstorm. The gear oil needs to be brushed on again.

Oil doesn't last if in wet weather, besides its called polluting.

How can you say new frame 3 times fast.
Ok..... so don't use it to kill weeds.

FWIW, you typically drive on biggest oil spill. Asphalt is rocks painted with oil.

Ok..... so don't use it to kill weeds.

FWIW, you typically drive on biggest oil spill. Asphalt is rocks painted with oil.
Yeah, but i think they use a form of heated crude oil that hasn't all these hazardous additives in it like motor, and gear oils do.

spot it

old-tacoma-jpg.5279609

Last edited:
Yeah, but i think they use a form of heated crude oil that hasn't all these hazardous additives in it like motor, and gear oils do.
Do you remember the Exxon Valdez spill of crude oil??? Extremely hazardous. The environment in that area is still dealing with the impact.

Do you remember the Exxon Valdez spill of crude oil??? Extremely hazardous. The environment in that area is still dealing with the impact.
When millions of gallons of the crude are mixed with sea water, you get thick snot like goop. You can bet the animals like birds, and sea otters didn't think it was very funny. Different story when crude is blended with aggregate to make asphalt though. You don't see those animals, or birds covered with that crap.

Sorry, my point was probably too subtle.

Its oil regardless of its form, crude/sea water or oil painted rock pressed into a surface.

Crude oil is a thick viscus like substance all on its own.

Any bird or animal caught in asphalt will end up being less than1 inch thick.

Sorry, my point was probably too subtle.

Its oil regardless of its form, crude/sea water or oil painted rock pressed into a surface.

Crude oil is a thick viscus like substance all on its own.

Any bird or animal caught in asphalt will end up being less than1 inch thick.
Not to mention fossilized.

very old pics unearthed from May 2oo8
From a Yota dealer tech at that time
Possibly in NJ

1673650327889.png
1673650403976.png
1673650448927.png
1673650494777.png
1673650596152.png

Back