The BS Thread To Rule Them All!!!

On another note, fearless leader says the economy is still strong, and going to get even stronger under their leadership, yet jeep recently announced its shutting down its illinois plant laying off 1350 workers.

On another note, fearless leader says the economy is still strong, and going to get even stronger under their leadership, yet jeep recently announced its shutting down its illinois plant laying off 1350 workers.
Strong for them not for us.

Goofing off is not a bad thing. I'm sitting here watching an old John Wayne movie, McClintock. Good stuff.

Earlier, I cleared the driveway of snow drifts, filled the tanks on 2 vehicles. We have a local special on gasoline (12% ethanol, 88 gas) for $1.98/gal. Funny thing,,,,,,gas station, distributor and producer are still making a profit. Makes you wonder their margins at $3.06/gal.

Well it’s dinner time. Bbl. Throw some treatment in there. That ethanol has no benefit other than water displacement in my expert opinion

The 10% ethanol in our fuel seems to keep a vehicles fuel system cleaner than that mtbe crap used years ago.
Agreed but also dries out rubber seals and gaskets if left idle in a fuel line. I try and treat every drop and run dry all my lawn an garden ****.

Agreed but also dries out rubber seals and gaskets if left idle in a fuel line. I try and treat every drop and run dry all my lawn an garden ****.
I know, but thats the strange issue, i have to use the 10% ethanol fuel in everything i own, but haven't had any of those issues with rubber o-rings, or gaskets. I have carbs on all my toys, and power equipment that i never drain the gas from them, yet they work fine year after year. My new holland garden tractor was built in 1971, never apart. It starts right up and runs fine when called on. I probably shouldn't use unleaded fuel in it either.

I know, but thats the strange issue, i have to use the 10% ethanol fuel in everything i own, but haven't had any of those issues with rubber o-rings, or gaskets. I have carbs on all my toys, and power equipment that i never drain the gas from them, yet they work fine year after year. My new holland garden tractor was built in 1971, never apart. It starts right up and runs fine when called on. I probably shouldn't use unleaded fuel in it either.
All your luck is in your equipment. Don’t waste your money on the lottery. Lol.

You are perpetuating a myth.

I've been running 10% since 1976 in all my rides (cars, trucks, motorcycles) and lawn equipment. Never, ever, even once have there been problems with seals or H2O in the fuel.

FWIW, the ol' product that was common use in the winter to prevent fuel line freeze was HEET. It was a bottle of ethanol.

Vehicles since the 1980s have been designed and built with the ethanol blend fuels as common practice.

My first car that was fed 10% was a 1963 Buick. It certainly wasn't built considering ethanol fuel........although, it should've had leaded fuel.

BTW, best way to keep H2O out of your fuel is to put the gas cap back on.........

Last edited:
I think what helps me the most is where all my toys and power equipment are stored. They don't much sunlight if any. Their alway kept in a cooler area to. I can store a jug of gasoline for 3 years and it'll still work fine.

Back