The BS Thread To Rule Them All!!!

You are perpetuating a myth.

I've been running 10% since 1976 in all my rides (cars, trucks, motorcycles) and lawn equipment. Never, ever, even once have there been problems with seals or H2O in the fuel.

FWIW, the ol' product that was common use in the winter to prevent fuel line freeze was HEET. It was a bottle of ethanol.

Vehicles since the 1980s have been designed and built with the ethanol blend fuels as common practice.

My first car that was fed 10% was a 1963 Buick. It certainly wasn't built considering ethanol fuel........although, it should've had leaded fuel.

BTW, best way to keep H2O out of your fuel is to put the gas cap back on.........
The motorcycle industry as a whole must be really misinformed if what your saying is gospel. I just do what I do because gas tends to varnish from what I was told hanging around reputable mechanic shops. Ethanol not withstanding

What i know is fuel from different parts of the country seem to degrade, or stay fresh longer depending where one lives. I hear horror stories all the time with fuel in the mid west states. Only time i ever saw fuel issues was back when mtbe was being used.

Our dog Mila is having a paw scraped. That’s done for a cracked pad. Plus she has sores from the cast that’s been on for 4 weeks. Changed weekly. We have no idea how quick this happened the cast was changed on Thursday but the cracking looks weeks old!!

Well she survived that vet. She’s on antibiotics and painkillers. Waiting at our regular vet for her first bandage change. It’s up to them how often now.

@rocket

All gasoline type fuel will "varnish". This happens when the light hydrocarbons evaporate.

When I store lawn equipment or the motorcycle for the season. The fuel tank is filled with fresh fuel and a dose of fuel stabilizer. Carbs are run dry and drained. When the storage time is over, the fuel tank is drained and replaced with fresh fuel. The drained fuel gets added to the truck's tank, then the truck is topped off at the gas station.

At most, about 2 gallons of "old" fuel will be mixed with roughly 18 gallons of fresh fuel. The truck doesn't notice.

I can't speak for every situation, only my experience. I've been doing this practice for more than 40 years.......I'm gettin' old. I have never had problems with 10% ethanol fuel in any of my engines. Currently, there are 7 fuel burning engines at this house with ages running from 1981 to 2019.

Something to consider. There are literally 10s of thousands of vehicles burning 10% ethanol. If the fuel has the dire consequences as claimed on the internet, then most of these vehicles would be in the shop or disabled along the road. Sure, there are always the outlying examples that are extrapolated to include all vehicles.

@rocket

All gasoline type fuel will "varnish". This happens when the light hydrocarbons evaporate.

When I store lawn equipment or the motorcycle for the season. The fuel tank is filled with fresh fuel and a dose of fuel stabilizer. Carbs are run dry and drained. When the storage time is over, the fuel tank is drained and replaced with fresh fuel. The drained fuel gets added to the truck's tank, then the truck is topped off at the gas station.

At most, about 2 gallons of "old" fuel will be mixed with roughly 18 gallons of fresh fuel. The truck doesn't notice.

I can't speak for every situation, only my experience. I've been doing this practice for more than 40 years.......I'm gettin' old. I have never had problems with 10% ethanol fuel in any of my engines. Currently, there are 7 fuel burning engines at this house with ages running from 1981 to 2019.

Something to consider. There are literally 10s of thousands of vehicles burning 10% ethanol. If the fuel has the dire consequences as claimed on the internet, then most of these vehicles would be in the shop or disabled along the road. Sure, there are always the outlying examples that are extrapolated to include all vehicles.
Been living in connecticut all my life. Since we went to 10% ethanol in our fuel grades around 2005, or so i never had an issue either. Before that they put that mtbe chit in our fuel. I had a few problems with very dirty throttle body fuel systems, and carbs if not cleaned yearly on my toys.

nothing new to report...doctor appt. tomorrow....swab the throat...I need antibiotics but it seems they are stingy with them these days.

More of those antibiotics one takes the less effective they become when you really need them.....i once stayed at a holiday inn express
The powers that be think the use has been marred by not following directions which in turn made the bacterium find a way to dispose of the antibiotic and live on in the host..........so far, for me, I haven't had that problem......fingers crossed.....I am feeling slightly better , for now...but my bruins are on an out of network carrier........mother fuggers.

The powers that be think the use has been marred by not following directions which in turn made the bacterium find a way to dispose of the antibiotic and live on in the host..........so far, for me, I haven't had that problem......fingers crossed.....I am feeling slightly better , for now...but my bruins are on an out of network carrier........mother fuggers.
Glad your feeling better. Problem right now is china is hoarding all those antibiotics when we should be producing them here in the u.s.

Me thinks I will be begging for them in a week or two. Rarely does this go away on its own.
My wife had a bug like that about this time 2 years ago. Every time she claimed she was feeling better after a week, this bug came back, and she'd feel rotten again. It was all in her lungs being congested. Finally with plenty of rest it went away. I'm thankful that only one of us just gets sick time to time. There's always so much that needs to get done.

I’m clear as a bell just the infection in/ on the tonsil. Popping Tylenol like m&ms
Was on a snowmobile bag ride in Quebec years ago when one of the guys became sick with some virus. He was popping Advil's like that all week, becoming addicted to them. He later found out they were making him sicker screwing up his liver.

Back