Tools...

i am in need of a much-better-quality inspection camera
these wiFi cheapo's bot online are just not doing me any justice

what kind do you have or recommend?
xhigh-def that snaps still pics and takes video is preferred

I have a triplett borescope one in my tool chest i bought awhile back. It works decent with a 5'' display when inspecting my snowmobile cylinders for any scoring. I remember it was under $100.

I have a triplett borescope one in my tool chest i bought awhile back. It works decent with a 5'' display when inspecting my snowmobile cylinders for any scoring. I remember it was under $100.

does it snap still shots and record video to a card?

? 152$ for the 3 lens

https://www.amazon.com/shop/thecarcarenut/list/P8VKJA14HZJO

71kBDjZubvL._SL1500_.jpg

Last edited:
14mm flare for wrenching fuel tube
Is this the best thing going?
It's 56$ before fees

what fittings might the 13mm side ever be needed for ???

View attachment 33786

https://shop.snapon.com/product/Double-End-Flare-Nut,-mm/13–14-mm-6-Point-Metric-Flank-Drive-Double-End-Flare-Nut-Wrench/RXFMS1314B
Or this 1
https://shop.snapon.com/product/Open-End-and-Flare-Nut,-mm/14-mm-6-Point-Metric-Open-End-Flare-Nut-Wrench/RXSM14B

I've had issues with a Napa brand wrench and greatNeck from the zone

it seems nearly a 1/4" (what MM is that?) of play in these 2 wrenches

That 60$ 14mm came in quite handy wrenching on the Corolla ac idler when that recent offset kept stripping on the crusted over bolt
It loosened that crusty bolt with not an ish...
ThankU, snap-on!

IMG_20221005_160125_219.jpg IMG_20221005_160426_606.jpg

Is there a specialty tool needed to carefully get this wretched plug disconnected and removed from the oil check guide assembly
This is the timing plug on Corolla with a big magnet on the other end of the wire that retails for 150$ MSRP
Careful with gentleness is of the essence...

IMG_20221016_123529_967.jpg

So my nephew broke this breaker bar I had bot for him recently at lowes
He was trying to break the wheel lugs on his brothers van!
They must be rusted seized on there!

upload_2022-10-17_19-54-37.png

14mm flare for wrenching fuel tube
Is this the best thing going?
It's 56$ before fees

what fittings might the 13mm side ever be needed for ???

I'm addicted to Snap-on tools and just pay the premium in most cases. Flare nut wrenches can be a real life saver and have used them on applications other than tubing.

The least expensive option for flare nut are the crow-foot extensions and will work for most applications. It's worth having a full set of the six point

@JayQQ97

The last tool I bought was an Oscillating Saw. Need to trim door casing during the install of flooring. My trusty armstrong cross-cut saw was wearing me out. 20 minutes to hack through one side of the maple casing using armstrong. About 30 minutes with the Oscillating to cut the other 7 casings. Major spend....$45

@JayQQ97 Oh c'mon........is that a sharpening rock?????

Sharpening is one skill I haven't been able to achieve any level of proficiency. Generally, the edge I produce is worse than when I started. It takes me hours to make a passable working edge. I have purchased all sorts of gadgets to aid my horrible skill. None seem to help much.

I hate sharpening. Yeah, poor admission from a woodworker. Chisels, planes, scrapers are frequent use tools. I'll sharpen when they all have an edge like a baseball bat.

If I was smart and wise........I'd strive to keep the edges sharp. It'd make woodworking easier.

Back