Tools...

These angled came in Uber handy wrenching off gen 2 front mudFlap without wheel removal

That mudFlap and wheel liner was more much more involved than I was led to believe to clean out that lower fender cavity drain front of the door behind the flap
What a messy was in there after a dozen years of mulching

I guess using it on some stubborn hardass's head. Actually, likely hitting something like a steel object, but you don't want it damaged. Iron pipe threads comes to mind.

I guess using it on some stubborn hardass's head. Actually, likely hitting something like a steel object, but you don't want it damaged. Iron pipe threads comes to mind.
Ok how about to hammer free UCA from ubj
And vice versa on bottom steering knuckle lbj and tierod end
Instead of using one of those pitman's pullers

I'd use a Ball Peen hammer first.

That hammer may be too large to swing in that area.
Whatever tool them monkeys used to get my truck knuckle free did big damage to the UCA and the bottom lbg
Mashed it real bad
Perhaps they used an air impact hammer IDK

Based on what I've seen in the Service Manual..... firm blows will release the joint once the fasteners are loose.

It really shouldn't require Hercules to swing the hammer or Thor's hammer.

My dear departed Dad once told me the following when I was struggling with a car repair. "Force is an answer, although it may not be the right answer."

Ehhh....just hit that with a bastard file. Smooth it out, spritz a bit of paint.......good to go.

Ya gotta loosen the sphincter muscles a bit.

Find a more competent shop.

its supposedly ezpz to replace that uca arm, after freeing UBJ then remove battery and a wire harness clamp to get at the long bolt and prey its not seized inside there
if the bushings are shot replace arm assembly

buy this man a beer!

buy this man a beer!

FWIW. Control arms are available as replacement parts with bushings and ball joints installed. Sure will save a great deal of effort.

Back