Tools...

FWIW. Control arms are available as replacement parts with bushings and ball joints installed. Sure will save a great deal of effort.
on my truck the upper ball joint is actually part of the knuckle assembly as new

1670609314396.png

And spoil all that fun trying to remove the old ball joint? That'd be way to easy.
timmy the toolman has a uTube on that task right there
but i think he removes the whole knuckle to press out press in the UBJ

These sub-assemblies are to help the reduce the labor costs in mechanic shops. Yet, the labor charge per hour remains the same for the customer. Go figure................

799c

Summit Racing™ Paint Removing Hand Cleaner

Summit Racing™ paint removing hand cleaner features a concentrated formula specially designed to remove oil-based paints, primers, stains, inks, urethanes, putties, latex, glues, adhesives, and much more. Just spread the soap over your knuckles, palms, and fingers, rub it until the paint begins to dissolve; add a small amount of water, and lather. Rinse with clean water, dry your hands, and you're done! Give it a try and you'll see why it's a painter's best friend! Read the safety statement before use; keep this product out of the reach of children.

sum-941203_xl.jpg

I use Fast Orange hand cleaner. It is a waterless product. So far, it has been able to rid my hands of anything they get into. Gas, oil, grease, oil/dirt schmutz, PB Blaster, paint (latex, 2k, rattle can), adhesives (epoxy, wood glue, contact cement).

I buy the 64 oz bottle with the pump. The citrus orange smell kills the obnoxious stink of petrol based products.

2 pumps on dry hands to loosen the grime, final pump to get the tough spots, then rinse.

I use Fast Orange hand cleaner. It is a waterless product. So far, it has been able to rid my hands of anything they get into. Gas, oil, grease, oil/dirt schmutz, PB Blaster, paint (latex, 2k, rattle can), adhesives (epoxy, wood glue, contact cement).

I buy the 64 oz bottle with the pump. The citrus orange smell kills the obnoxious stink of petrol based products.

2 pumps on dry hands to loosen the grime, final pump to get the tough spots, then rinse.
dog poo-poo as well?
i got my hands caught in some of that once off the side of the driveway :(

anti-seize clean as well?

Interesting.

Yes, it removes anti-seize.

I don't have a problem with dog poo or cleaning it up. On the dog walks, the sidewalk treasures are collected in plastic poo bag. I place the bag over my hand, collect the treasures, invert the bag to remove from my hand. Never touching the treasure with my bare hands.

Interesting.

Yes, it removes anti-seize.

I don't have a problem with dog poo or cleaning it up. On the dog walks, the sidewalk treasures are collected in plastic poo bag. I place the bag over my hand, collect the treasures, invert the bag to remove from my hand. Never touching the treasure with my bare hands.
It's easier to pick up when it's frozen Lol

Only time I have trouble is in the Fall when leaves are on the ground. The color is nearly the same and they sink thru the leaf layers......

Been using everything from gasoline to paint thinner to remove paint and grease off my hands, and i'm still alive.
Many moons ago while in the service we used to use a firefighting agent called Chloro Bromo Methane to clean tools and hands of paint. Turns out it is carcenogenic as all get out. Just because something works and has no immediate adverse effects doesn't mean it isn't bad for you.

don't get it in your eyes!!
I did once. Some idiot aircrew member brought in one of the brass exchangers and just to show me it was empty sprayed me in the face. Spent the next few days wondering what it would be like when the bandages came off. And that's with the guys immediately stuffing a garden hose in my eyes.

I was once cleaning a carb when some of the cleaner splashed in my eye. I couldn't wash it out quick enough ending up with a retina chemical burn to my eye. After a short visit to the er, i was stuck wearing a patch over that eye for a week. Really screws up your depth perception when driving.

My work and profession have ingrained in me the critical nature of Safety Glasses. Ears on the other hand.......

I was changing the fuel filter on our '02 Chevy Trailblazer. Step 1 is to relieve the pressure. Chevy provides a simple bleed port, although access is a bit challenging. When I opened the bleed port, fuel ran out, proceed down my arm to drip off the elbow finishing in the ear canal. OMG, BURN LIKE FIRE. Did the best I could to flush the ear canal,.....with marginal success.

FWIW, ear plugs are commonly used when exposed the high decibel noise. Didn't wear ear plugs to release the pressure in the fuel filter. Wasn't anticipating big noise....then the screaming in pain.

My eye issue happened back in the late 60's when i was in automotive class at tech school. At the time nobody heard of using safety glass's. Wasn't until somewhere around the mid 70's when i was working for ingersoll rand they started making us wear safety glass's.

My work brought me into contact with all sorts of nasty chemicals. I was walking by a sulfuric acid system. Unknown to anyone it had a leak. Got me right in the left eye. I'm not sure which was worse but they didn't patch my eye for that one.

Back