What did you do to (or with) your truck today?

early morning pre-dawn errands runaround in the hot red barcelona Gen2

the 0D0 turned 90,000 tacoMiles whilst wheelin' over the mighty MO into the bluffs for some bargain tacoJuice @ shell for 309c after 10c discount
the other side of town Shell is at 329c after the 10c so i do not know why the 20c diffrence???

it is dirty dust as hack BUT is supposed to rain this day or next day so not gonna wash it off at this moment wait for it to get even dirtier with filth
the nasty winds here most every day last week blowing dirty sure did a good number onit

Had to hobble under rear of gen1 to check rear diff fluid
Fluid was level good and clean looking
I was fearing it to be black
Because this here is why I needed to check out the level

IMG_20240418_162158_745.jpg

Left the Taco in Texas and we took the wife's car to Biloxi to see the folks. Staying at the Scarlet Pearl again. I lost $100 on the Roulette table last night but this morning the wife wins $2,200 on the slots in like 20 minutes. Unfreaking believable.

Came out of the store from vittle shopping this morning to see what I thought was a black tundra parked a few places down from my taco. Got closer to find it a new gen4 trd tacoma. I checked it briefly over. It definitely appears larger than the gen3...uglier in some ways to....imo, the looks are going to take time to grow on previous taco owners. The size reminds me more of a gen1 tundra than anything else...just looks different.

Last edited:
For this gen4 size, I'm disappointed it has such a small bed....toyota could have easily made it 4' wide between the wheel wells x 5' or 6' long.

i betcha i could not even touch the bed floor standing on the ground from the side of the truck :(
its a struggle on the Gen2 to do this
Gen1 i can palm that floor with great ease

it is when you use your small truck as a truck to transport haul things and need to reach in to grab and or rearrange things
whatever it may be

i have on occasion to carefully climb up onto the bumper and carefully step over the tailgate
backing out, climbing out is treacherous sometimes with the mobility issues
its very tasking and very choring 2do so i avoid it if at all possible

i have on occasion to carefully climb up onto the bumper and carefully step over the tailgate
backing out, climbing out is treacherous sometimes with the mobility issues
its very tasking and very choring 2do so i avoid it if at all possible
Understand where you are coming from…bad knees cause me to sit on tailgate & scoot up into truck to grab something.

Understand where you are coming from…bad knees cause me to sit on tailgate & scoot up into truck to grab something.
i basically only climb up there when i have to wash the roof off, i just grab a stick otherwise and push a small object into arms reach if its in the middle LOL
its more stepping off and judging distance to the ground without twisting an ankle
but my right knee has been bothering me for over 3 months since i slipped twice on the ice shoveling about a foot of snow in sub-zero temps up north here... its been one step at a time waiting for it to fully heal

i basically only climb up there when i have to wash the roof off, i just grab a stick otherwise and push a small object into arms reach if its in the middle LOL
its more stepping off and judging distance to the ground without twisting an ankle
but my right knee has been bothering me for over 3 months since i slipped twice on the ice shoveling about a foot of snow in sub-zero temps up north here... its been one step at a time waiting for it to fully heal
I’ve got a new titanium knee for my right knee. Been six months since it was replaced. It’s getting much better now. But the left one is needing replaced now. Steroid injections in the left knee every three months has been keeping it going., That shoveling a foot of snow is something I know nothing about here in Central Texas…

shoveling snow is the best winter exercise there is
i could never move that far south because i would miss the snow and brutal cold temps lol
but it only snows that much here every other other year and is not a constant anymore with the crazy weather pattern cycles

Back