What have you done to your Tacoma today?

I like that Washington state one. It looks OLD!
Funny story behind that one. So my brother and I worked at a bar in Coal Creek Canyon (Colorado) in the late 70's as kids. One sunny afternoon an out of state van full of hippies stops by the joint to have a few beers. My brother and I immediately notice those three letters on the license plates are very, very significant to our last name. He goes to the kitchen, grabs a butter knife and swipes the plate right off of the van while I am the lookout guy. Years later, I take it from his garage and hang it up in mine. :) So yeah, like 1979 "OLD"

I found that the fuel tank shield skidplate I had powdercoat almost 4years ago is starting to weather around the edges in spots :( :confused:

Loaded up the tractor tonight to take it to the ag-shop in the morning. Long overdue for an oil change and she needs some new glow-plugs. The PTO shaft has been making some funny noises so I want them to take a look at that and realign the 3-point hitch as well. I still want loaded tires but their not cheap. I'll tell ya life aint easy being a farmer in the big city….. :D

Attachments

• image0 copy.jpeg
    image0 copy.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 15
  • image1.jpeg
    image1.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 8
  • image2 copy.jpeg
    image2 copy.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 7
Well I loaded up a solid wood kitchen table and chairs and brought it back to Texas. Thought I'd set it up in one of the spare bedrooms. It was free. :)

Attachments

• image1.jpeg
    image1.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 11
Cool, a good place for a snack. I guess it's suppose to be for a garage door opener, but my garage is full of other toys. I use your self proclaimed taco holder for my sun glass's.

The lift would be handy for the few times a DIYer will use it.

All the other times, it will be cumbersome for parking, using the garage, opening car doors, loading cargo........... Not to mention, a simple single stall garage would be crowded and a double stall will lose a chunk of usable access space between the vehicles.

But then again, if you want it, then by all means spend the coin.

few times?? .... don't 'want it' but 'need it'
did you watch any of those... just a little
regarding space you can unanchor and take the posts out and move them to the back wall out of the way with recessed anchor bolts in the concrete

one hinderance might be you cannot stand underneath if average height, use a roller-type chair or perhaps walk on yer knees

i am trying to do the CBA on the massive amount of repairs N' stuff i need to do that requires the use of both limbs
how many tasks that i got quotes for from monkeyshops that foul stuff up repeatedly :mad:
i have to drop a fuel tank and sand and paint... removing and installing fuel tank i was quoted nearly 400$ to do plus a tow to and fro from shop for reinstall after completed

the ones i had been looking at were over 10k$ (which may need more ceiling clearance)
this is under 5k$

Last edited:
Cool,,,,,,then you have anchor bolt trip hazards.

Thanks, but a pair of 6 ton jackstands and a 3 ton high lift floor jack will handle pretty much everything for a lot less $$$ and easier storage.

But, Hey, if it suits your needs, then knock yourself out. Just offering my thoughts on the possible drawbacks of such a system.

The fuel tank is an easy DIY task.
Drive the tank dry.
Place rear of truck on jackstands
Remove fuel tank.
Close all the openings on the tank
Hand sand to prep surface.
Prime & Paint (rattle can job)
Reinstall.

Is the 37 hours based only on the labor rate charge? Or based on the total of all your quotes which include parts.?

Not trying to bust your chops, just trying to keep your feet grounded.

yes i am weighing ALL those options!!
my head hurts :eek::eek::eek:

how much headroom/clearance walking on the knees do those 6ton stands at max give a guy to get under it deep on all fours like a stinking dog
i cannot continuously get up and down on my knees from the ground, its a real struggle and strain on the wrists and my bummed shoulder i injured that is still healing it seems lol :(

one of these bolts on the steering rack takes an enormous effort to untorque in a cramped spot

i do have some very nice wooden ramps my pops made for his Chevy fullsize work van from back in the early 1980s that can get the truck up fairly high and put the 6ton napa stands under rear axle so i can remove the rear wheel to get at the fuel tank. that is an option i need to explore further and see if i can get to where i need to get at on the knees without bumping the head

using a roller and brush for the paint, no rattlecan slop

Jack stands at the highest setting will not allow you to kneel under the truck. Suggest a wheeled creeper. Plan your work. Place all needed parts, tools, rags...etc under the truck within reach. The object is to minimize the excursions under the truck.

If you're under the truck, then by nature it will be full of head bumps and cramped spaces. Kinda the nature of the beast. FWIW, the same issues exist with a lift, still head bumps and cramped spaces.

I am not blessed to have a wheeled creeper. My "creeper" is a piece of cardboard salvaged from a large box. Low profile, insulates me against the cold concrete, disposable, folds flat for easy storage, easy to slide around on it. Final advantage is when parts or bolts or nuts fall on it, they don't grow legs to run under the workbench or disappear.

not even back underneath the bed that has a bit more clearance than under the cab?

LOL.. i recall trying a wheeled creepier in my younger days in the early 1990s
rolled over my finger and damned if that did not hurt like piss!!! so that was not gonna work
where is a good place to look at different creepers, need one suitable for neck impairments, i.e. ergonomic.. currently just use a big fat pillow or two whilst buried underneath on the shoulder with use of no more than 1 1/2 limbs its a struggle i have yet to figure out how to overcome with any ease why did i get f*cked with this pissy health :mad:

Jack stands at the highest setting will not allow you to kneel under the truck. Suggest a wheeled creeper. Plan your work. Place all needed parts, tools, rags...etc under the truck within reach. The object is to minimize the excursions under the truck.

If you're under the truck, then by nature it will be full of head bumps and cramped spaces. Kinda the nature of the beast. FWIW, the same issues exist with a lift, still head bumps and cramped spaces.

I am not blessed to have a wheeled creeper. My "creeper" is a piece of cardboard salvaged from a large box. Low profile, insulates me against the cold concrete, disposable, folds flat for easy storage, easy to slide around on it. Final advantage is when parts or bolts or nuts fall on it, they don't grow legs to run under the workbench or disappear.
Don't feel bad I've use a long cushion from a reclining lawn chair. Sometimes I just want to stretch out on it while under the truck and take a nap. I've had creepers in the past...they seem to disappear.

If I was hunting for a creeper......I'd start on Amazon. Just to get a feel for what is available. Then I'd try to find the narrow list in physical items to "try on".

Wheeling around an inch of patched ice on the highway 283 in Lexington underneath the foot of snow they recently got
It's an adventure Lol

I suppose they don't drown the roads with salt here to kill the ice

Back