Gas mileage

A nice small displacement V8 would be sweet.
I like small engines that love to rev freely. Something around five liters, and sounds sweet at 5000 to 6000 rpm, with a 6 speed manual transmission. I like roadsters, so enjoy my Prowler, but the engine and transmission are not what I would call fun.
My Bullitt has an engine that makes me grin like a fool, and the more it revs before I shift, the sweeter it gets.

I think a V8 should be an option in the Taco. Dodge did it with the Dakota, why can't Toyota donit with the Taco?
As much as I agree, the 218 was only 230 hurse purrs and 300 terks. The 360 was 245 and 330.
The torque is there down low, no doubt but I'll take a Coyote swap and a hot tune any day over those. Lol
A Lexus UZ-FE 4.0 V8 engine swap would be pretty cool too... I'm sure someone has done it before. Lol

As much as I agree, the 218 was only 230 hurse purrs and 300 terks. The 360 was 245 and 330.
The torque is there down low, no doubt but I'll take a Coyote swap and a hot tune any day over those. Lol
A Lexus UZ-FE 4.0 V8 engine swap would be pretty cool too... I'm sure someone has done it before. Lol

I had a truck with the 318 cubic inch aka 5.2 engine, and really liked it.
250 hp, 345 foot lbs of torque, ran perfectly from day 1 till i sold it years later. Moved the Dodge 1500 around just fine.
I wasn't even aware that they made a 218 V8.

I like my 327 in my 35 ford Pick up its revs big-time and pulls wicked .I get lots a smile when I drive it! My wife calls it the jet ski grin ! Like when u get off the ski and that stupid smile us stuck on ur face lol
Your truck would be awesome to see and hear!... that would for sure bring smiles all around like the smile I have reading your analogy and your wife's great expression! :):):)

I had a truck with the 318 cubic inch aka 5.2 engine, and really liked it.
250 hp, 345 foot lbs of torque, ran perfectly from day 1 till i sold it years later. Moved the Dodge 1500 around just fine.
I wasn't even aware that they made a 218 V8.
Whoops, yeah that was supposed to be a 318. Haha
Point was technology has brought engines a long way since those old slugs. Haha

A nice small displacement V8 would be sweet.
I like small engines that love to rev freely. Something around five liters, and sounds sweet at 5000 to 6000 rpm, with a 6 speed manual transmission. I like roadsters, so enjoy my Prowler, but the engine and transmission are not what I would call fun.
My Bullitt has an engine that makes me grin like a fool, and the more it revs before I shift, the sweeter it gets.
Prowlers are cool ! I never see them at the car shows ?

While there's no substitute for hp or cubic inches, pass the torque my way please. I'm always up for a second serving.
Hi Series 6 got Ford v Ferrari from the library watched twice this week ! Such an awesome movie ! My wife was pissed that Ken got shafted by Ford and she hated ending ... But man I gotta have a Daytona Coupe! I'm 20 minutes from
factory five its on my list to build one ha ha

I've always wanted a prowler. I dont know if they held their value, but that's not why I want one. I just love the throw back style.

They are crazy expensive and going up.
I bought mine for $29000 and last summer was offered $50,000 for it...but it is not for sale. I am rather attached to it, and want more cars, not less.

Prowlers are cool ! I never see them at the car shows ?
There are not too many around.
I take mine to an occasional car show and it always draws a lot of attention and questions.
They are only 253 hp from a V6 into a 4 speed automatic...so they are not a performance car.
The only saving grace is that they are light, so being only 2800 lbs helps it out.

There are not too many around.
I take mine to an occasional car show and it always draws a lot of attention and questions.
They are only 253 hp from a V6 into a 4 speed automatic...so they are not a performance car.
The only saving grace is that they are light, so being only 2800 lbs helps it out.
Do they make a smaller bumper for the front ?

Back