The BS Thread To Rule Them All!!!

Best way is have parents teach their kids the difference between right and wrong. Kids now need 'parents' not 'friends'. Jus my .02
That would be great. I wish it could be that easy. You can teach all you want but when there is mental health issues happening you can’t teach right from wrong to someone that mentally can’t comprehend what that is.

That would be great. I wish it could be that easy. You can teach all you want but when there is mental health issues happening you can’t teach right from wrong to someone that mentally can’t comprehend what that is.
My question is this......where did all the mental health problems come from? Mass shootings sure never numbered what has been in the last several years......but, guns were more readily available prior to 1968 with the Gun Control Act........what has caused all the mental health changes? TV?.....Radio?......cartoons?.......Power Rangers?.......Pop Tarts?.......I really do think Parents need to be parents and teach their kids. Parents go to work......come home and sit on their asses, read the paper, watch tv and tell their kids to go to bed. Forget the tv......the paper......spend time with your kids and teach them.....work with them.......I can tell you this is what I did with my son.......he's an avid shooter just like me and he hasn't went out and 'shot up' any school, mall or public place. Why?......we taught him what's right and what's wrong and the consequences of his decisions and actions. Just my .02 again! LOL

My question is this......where did all the mental health problems come from? Mass shootings sure never numbered what has been in the last several years......but, guns were more readily available prior to 1968 with the Gun Control Act........what has caused all the mental health changes? TV?.....Radio?......cartoons?.......Power Rangers?.......Pop Tarts?.......I really do think Parents need to be parents and teach their kids. Parents go to work......come home and sit on their asses, read the paper, watch tv and tell their kids to go to bed. Forget the tv......the paper......spend time with your kids and teach them.....work with them.......I can tell you this is what I did with my son.......he's an avid shooter just like me and he hasn't went out and 'shot up' any school, mall or public place. Why?......we taught him what's right and what's wrong and the consequences of his decisions and actions. Just my .02 again! LOL
I understand. I agree.
I’m afraid there is more to it than just that.

Well all I can say is what I know. I took an college psychology class and we had a somewhat relevant topic to this. The dsm a book about disorders including everything needed to make a diagnosis and all information about said disorder. The last dsm was the dsm 5 and as thought the prior one was dsm 4 and so on. We looked at the differences and it was mind boggling from 3 to 4 to 5. Every more recent dsm broadened the symptoms needed for diagnosis, age for diagnosis, classifications, and many other thing relating to this nature. Its not necessarily that there are more mental disorders as it is more people fitting into the broadened category so the number reported is higher than before because of that reason. Just thought I would share that info. Sorry I wrote a book maybe a dsm 6 is in my future

I think parents should raise kids. Not let schools and judicial system raise them. I have always had guns ready and available. I never thought about using them for anything like a mass shooting. It was a a$$ whipping if I had one and there wasn’t a parent around. Is it right to spank a child not sure but it dang sure made me think before I touch a unloaded gun at my house when I was a kid

I think parents should raise kids. Not let schools and judicial system raise them. I have always had guns ready and available. I never thought about using them for anything like a mass shooting. It was a a$$ whipping if I had one and there wasn’t a parent around. Is it right to spank a child not sure but it dang sure made me think before I touch a unloaded gun at my house when I was a kid
Well said, G! Same as when I was a kid. Dad always reminded us.......the police had rules to follow.......he didn't! LOL

Grew up under similar circumstances, guns respect them and “la chancleta” taught you respect! ( if you do not know what “la chancleta” is, ask one of your Latin friends)

There has always been evil in mankind and always will be, but the reason things are worse now is a lack of discipline, a breakdown of the home, and falling away from God.

Morning! Looks like rain today here. Heading out to see my parents for lunch about an hour away. Hope ya'll have a great day!
Mornin Greg! Overcast and raining here too. Trying to talk the wifee into buying me breakfast when we go to get groceries this morning. This afternoon friend of mine wants to go shoot rifles at the range......

Back