How many states have you driven your Tacoma through ?

Looks like rain in the forecast.
yes it did rain a bunch out in the middle of nowhere kansas, i had to slow it down quite a bit or risk hydroplaning from the pooled up water
finally got to use the new refilled wiper inserts on OEM blades :)

aftermarket blades on this rig are PURE jank
i've tried many brands

Missouri
at the Iowa border on highway 29 south
i reckon i've crossed this line literally 100s of times on the way to KCMO and beyond into the show-me-state

IMG_6593.JPG

diffrent pic
diffrent day
April 2o21

IMG_4074.JPG

Last edited:
Just got home from driving from Austin, TX to Estes Park, CO, to Chicago and back to Austin. Let Waze lead the way and hit:
Texas
New Mexico
Colorado
Nebraska
Iowa
Illinois
Missouri
Tennessee (snipped in and out)
Arkansas

One kid in CO, one in Chi-town. One trusty '17 SR AC 4x4 IL4 taco! Just went over 120K. Was helping the kids move apartments and picking up a pup. Did some off-roading in Estes Park. Only Taco and 4 banger among 4 door jeeps! Luckily didn't have to help any! JK but mine is pretty stock except for 17" 4runner take off wheels and tires.

Just got home from driving from Austin, TX to Estes Park, CO, to Chicago and back to Austin. Let Waze lead the way and hit:
Texas
New Mexico
Colorado
Nebraska
Iowa
Illinois
Missouri
Arkansas

One kid in CO, one in Chi-town. One trusty '17 SR AC 4x4 IL4 taco! Just went over 120K. Was helping the kids move apartments and picking up a pup. Did some off-roading in Estes Park. Only Taco and 4 banger among 4 door jeeps! Luckily didn't have to help any! JK but mine is pretty stock except for 17" 4runner take off wheels and tires.
Wow, now that's a road trip there dr. And welcome to tacomaforum.com. There are a lot of friendly people here with a lot of Taco knowledge.

Texas
New Mexico
Colorado
Nebraska
Iowa
Illinois
Missouri
Arkansas

snipped in and out is also what i have from Mississippi taco adventures 26 years ago
day trip to Memphis from St Louis and just had to cross that border and back lmao
i still count it but perhaps i should not?

no Kentucky on your list
did you cross the Mississippi river on that narrow bridge at Cairo IL? route 62/60

snipped in and out is also what i have from Mississippi taco adventures 26 years ago
day trip to Memphis from St Louis and just had to cross that border and back lmao
i still count it but perhaps i should not?

no Kentucky on your list
did you cross the Mississippi river on that narrow bridge at Cairo IL? route 62/60
I may have snipped Kentucky. I know that wee corner at TN, KY and AR lets you fall in to all 3 states without knowing. BTW, did the last leg from Chicago to ATX all at once, so it was a blur. To quote "The Money Pit", I think I saw the Care Bears! 18 hours of driving.
The MPGs were better in CO, because I didn't have to go over 50 MPH in Estes. Hitting 75 MPH with the IL4 requires a downhill and tailwind or you pay in MPGs. Used to have some 16" BFG K02 but replaced them with the 17" 4runner wheels and tires. Bit heavy, but smoother and quieter on the road. They also did great off road.

I may have snipped Kentucky. I know that wee corner at TN, KY and AR lets you fall in to all 3 states without knowing. BTW, did the last leg from Chicago to ATX all at once, so it was a blur. To quote "The Money Pit", I think I saw the Care Bears! 18 hours of driving.
The MPGs were better in CO, because I didn't have to go over 50 MPH in Estes. Hitting 75 MPH with the IL4 requires a downhill and tailwind or you pay in MPGs. Used to have some 16" BFG K02 but replaced them with the 17" 4runner wheels and tires. Bit heavy, but smoother and quieter on the road. They also did great off road.
I shall have to find that corner! I've never heard of it and don't see it on the maps lol
Missouri has a border with Kentucky BUT is only accessible via Mississippi river ferry afaik

Screenshot_20230807-130545.png

I've read reports that Alaska is twice what Texas is lol
Yes, it is and very beautiful. Had a rental up there, but not a tacoma. I was pretty scared of hitting a moose while driving. I think our rental and all of us inside would have been the roadkill.

TexasBB --

My old truck might be down to just 7 remaining after some wheelin' in Arizona 2day

Nevada
at the California border outside of a closed Death Valley NP

IMG_7776.JPG

might be parked in California here, there was no signage

IMG_7772.JPG

Nevada at the California border on CA route 168 east NV 266 east

IMG_7914.JPG

Nevada at the California border on US route 6

IMG_7834.JPG

Nevada at the California border on US route 95

IMG_7666.JPG

Nevada at the Arizona state line on interstate highway 15

IMG_7481.JPG

IMG_7478.JPG

IMG_7484.JPG

Nevada
at the California border outside of a closed Death Valley NP

View attachment 40036

might be parked in California here, there was no signage

View attachment 40038

Nevada at the California border on CA route 168 east NV 266 east

View attachment 40039

Nevada at the California border on US route 6

View attachment 40040

Nevada at the California border on US route 95

View attachment 40041

Nevada at the Arizona state line on interstate highway 15

View attachment 40042

View attachment 40044

View attachment 40043
Beautiful pictures Jay. Your Taco looks so nice with that Nevada background. :)

Back