time for an upgrade from the Yota rear shocks...

If the washers are in good condition, then why bother replacing them???

Rusted, wallowed out, bent, dished......sure.
i am inspecting them currently!!
they are definitely weathered after 25yrs originals but must be of high quality metal because the crud on them is probably just melted rubber from the bushings IDK

Melted rubber from the shock bushing???

Was the truck undercoated with something???

there is a definite rust on the bolt threads by the head, these bolts were new replacements from a couple years ago
yes, i had sprayed around the outside of the bolt and washer in a prior pic POST #4
the melted caked rubber comes from the side right near the muffler
washer would not come off so i spent a spell with some brakleen and a stiff wire brush and still cannot get the washer all the way off LOL :eek:

i was honestly expecting maybe a couple bucks per washer x 4 and NOT nearly 9$ per each MSRP
not sure about the other 4 washers but same deal

Melted rubber from the shock bushing???

Was the truck undercoated with something???

unless the monkey Yota shop that put these last Yota shocks on DID NOT BOTHER to clean off the area at all
he certainly did not make any note of the cavity where he had his head in at and inform me there was a serious amount of dirt buildup and should get that area cleaned out good and treated inspected

I take it you don't like going to a hardware store.
I can never find a thing in those places! and end up frustrated walking around in circles :eek:
15 minutes turns into an hour!

Would ace is the place sell these type of curved washers with the two different sized holes? And 1st time perfect kosher fit

I could try curbside delivery if they have in stock order ahead deal

I take it you don't like going to a hardware store.
There are no rear shocks on the truck at the moment
And at least 3 speed bumps on the way to the nearest ace is the place
I bounce tested the truck with the rear shock delete
It's going to be quite an adventure to make it to the store a few miles away
LOL o_O

somewhere on the interWebs i heard of using isopropyl alcohol to get new radiator hoses to slip on easier
perhaps this same method can be employed to get the new rubber bushings (came with the new shocks) onto the mounts without too much fuss of pounding with the mallet IDK

FML if these bushings are OFF JUST A BIT since they are NOT oem made to fit proper

oem bushings are 2.86 each (need 8) 4.14 MSRP

Back