Tools...

i've not ever seen one of these BENDY ratchets

SRH23214_1.jpg

50$
I've made a few with bends over the years. Actually I have quite a collection of modified tools. Sometimes it's the only way to get things done.

I made a "bendy" wrench.

Used a 4' pipe over the handle trying to break a rusted bolt loose. Back when my go to answer was brute force.

Then one of my Father's tidbits of life hit home......"Son, force is always an answer. It may not be the right answer."

I made a "bendy" wrench.

Used a 4' pipe over the handle trying to break a rusted bolt loose. Back when my go to answer was brute force.

Then one of my Father's tidbits of life hit home......"Son, force is always an answer. It may not be the right answer."
Strange how force does have a way of solving most issues.

4' is a massive breaker cheater bar ... it should've made very little effort to get that to turn
that bolt must've been epoxied in there!

Need this six to get that drain bolt out the block on the old Corolla
10" keeps butttn up against the ac thing even with radiator delete
It's inna tight spot...

1679779181480.png

Any tool from snap-on is more expensive. Granted their great quality tools for the professional, but for average Joe do-it-your-selfer, their not needed.

Yeah.....I get along with MasterForce or Kobalt or Husky without any troubles. Sometimes even Harbor Freight or Northern Tools.

Tekton from Michigan made in USA
Shipped right to your door, no need to get out of the chair and waste time at the tool store. Unless you're into that going to tool store and browsing. Then it's a joyful event

I still have sets of craftsmen and sk tools from back in the 70's. Even have some billings sockets and wrenches older than that. Its those Chinese made cheap crap you don't want.

craftsman went to Sh!t ... my nephew told me that the craftsman breaker bar i had bot him for a graduation gift broke... when he went to Lowe's to get it replaced under warranty they told him that they will NO LONGER be warrantied on the craftsman tools that now are china-made JUNK

craftsman went to Sh!t ... my nephew told me that the craftsman breaker bar i had bot him for a graduation gift broke... when he went to Lowe's to get it replaced under warranty they told him that they will NO LONGER be warrantied on the craftsman tools that now are china-made JUNK
I've heard similar about crapsmen now. My tools are mostly 80's when u.s. made and zero issues exchanging a busted one.....just didn't want to dis their name.

IIRC, Black & Decker owns the Craftsman brand. Sears divested that brand quite awhile ago in an attempt to save themselves.

FWIW, just about every tool aimed at the DIYer or consumer is made in China. This is just about anything sold in any of the Big Box stores. Some are moving into Vietnam, Laos, Cambodia......etc to get around the tariffs.

Back