Tools...

I've had a pair of craftsmen 3/8, and 1/2 torque wrenches for quite a few years, really can't complain. Got a large 3/4 snap-on one to,

Oh how I miss the days when absolutely no one worried about the torque spec for lugnuts because no one torqued them. And amazingly wheels didn't fall off anymore than they do today.

Well, back in the day, I never bothered to torque my lug nuts either, as the vehicles all had drum brakes front, and rear. Only when they came out with rotors I ended up warping them learning they needed torquing to a certain spec. I follow that practice still to today.

What's up with all the tie rod tools? You planning to go in the front end business?
Stopped on in at Firestone for the wobble today
Gave em 10$ to talk and educate me + allow me to step into bay to see whats loosey goosey
Outer tie rod snaps up and down on the LBJ when wheel moves at 3 and 6
I am confident to change that in the driveway as long as the lock nut breaks free after 26 years

Still contemplating the rack end ITR since I do not have the proper tools afaik
It seems a bit loose BUT the bellow boot was not removed, it's just a slight wobble, but I will know more after getting the OTR off

That snap-on removal tool does NOT unclude the 45mm I need, it only goes to 42mm!

Last edited:
need this to torque jam nut on OTR

23$

WCF24027_1.jpg

28mm is needed to hold the ITR on gen1 taco whilst the 27mm wrenches the jam nut loose
this is NOT a common size then LOL
a one-time-use tool
awesome.

Stopped on in at Firestone for the wobble today
Gave em 10$ to talk and educate me + allow me to step into bay to see whats loosey goosey
Outer tie rod snaps up and down on the LBJ when wheel moves at 3 and 6
I am confident to change that in the driveway as long as the lock nut breaks free after 26 years

Still contemplating the rack end ITR since I do not have the proper tools afaik
It seems a bit loose BUT the bellow boot was not removed, it's just a slight wobble, but I will know more after getting the OTR off

That snap-on removal tool does NOT uncle the 45mm I need, it only goes to 42mm!
Here the Firestone service ctr.'s, and most other shops have insurance rules that don't allow customers in the work areas. They have a office waiting room that you can sit down, and watch them work on the monitor.

Sets are packaged with the most common used sizes. Single sockets are sold to replace lost sockets (10mm) or to extend your existing set.
Yep, you can go into any places like lowes, home cheapo, or ace hardware, etc, and pickup any odd socket size, or wrench you need.

SHB27255_1.jpg

TR-55

gen2 bed bolts tool, this is the proper one to get?

5o5om

Bed bolts torqued to 60ftlbs spec on gen 2 taco
ALL were measurably loose, almost 1/2 turn onna couple
Probably never ever been checked at the yota dealer during the 5k services per the manual
WTH
...will see if that ceases the rattling in the back there

Was at home cheapo with the mrs. this noon picking up some bags of potting soil for her to play with the flower planters. Did some shopping in the meantime at the tool dept. Couldn't resist picking up a new display model 18 volt ryobi variable drill for $30....was the last one left. It'll be a good replacement for my old 18 volt ryobi 2 speed one.

Bed bolts torqued to 60ftlbs spec on gen 2 taco
ALL were measurably loose, almost 1/2 turn onna couple
Probably never ever been checked at the yota dealer during the 5k services per the manual
WTH
...will see if that ceases the rattling in the back there
Month and half later check on bolts they are still at torque
But yet something like the is banging around on the littlest of road damage

Exhaust hanger or something loose in the cat or muffler.
Loose unsecure hard heavy plastic items inside the 2 most rear cubbie pockets, and or the doors to those pokcets
Emptied those compartments along with the cover doors, threw them in the cab on passenger floor, then went at it over some of the worst bumps in the area I was in and no more banging!! back there like it had been

But the muffler could be making the smallest of rattle like you day that only the best ears can hear currently

Back