Tools...

Toyota dealer techs 'should' have one as its a specified SST on a Toyota rack end per the FSM

the rack ends on the old Corolla are different than the Tacoma, they have NO wedged grooves to get a wrench onto it
its quite odd!!

so you see that heat shielding on the fan shroud
how does 1 go about restoring that to something much cleaner. powder coat it?
this shielding part unfortunately is not available separately, not even those crusty screws!! its part of the entire shroud which unfortunately is not available in the USA... a brand new shroud with new uncrusted heat shield with screws is apparently available still, sourced from Japan parts warehouse
a new fan blade is available in the USA but i think that part looks and functions well enough. although it could go for a change of colour :oops:

Got to use my newer Ryobi impact driver to see if if would take off lug nuts better than my old one. It's definitely got more balls as it zipped them right off, I'm impressed. Even got carried away removing the 4 bolts that held my trucks engine shield plate in place, in which I cosmolined both sides of the shield after seeing rust around the bolt holes. Friggin salt here gets in everything.

I take lugs off by hand with care :)
Also put them back on on by hand
I don't remove lugs very often, however

I take lugs off by hand with care :)
Also put them back on on by hand
I don't remove lugs very often, however
Interesting.

Your claim is by hand you can loosen a lug nuts tightened to 85 ftlbs and install by hand to 85 ftlbs.......

Yet, you are unable to change sparkplugs due to a shoulder issue........

Sumthin' seems inconsistent or an internet claim. o_O:rolleyes::rolleyes:

I do use a 2 foot breaker to undo lugs the DT torque from the last rotation

My shoulder or whatever has mostly healed up now but took at least 4 months :confused:
...just waiting on that next day it gets reinjured strain and then months to get back to good

I do use a 2 foot breaker to undo lugs the DT torque from the last rotation
I use to do that when I rotated my tires as my old impact driver sometimes didn't have the balls to break those lug nuts loose. This new one is incredible. It'll spit them lug nuts off like they weren't event tightened.

I use to do that when I rotated my tires as my old impact driver sometimes didn't have the balls to break those lug nuts loose. This new one is incredible. It'll spit them lug nuts off like they weren't event tightened.
You must keep them studs clean and rustyfree :)

Back